Cracking sound from the left hinge of the laptop. Screen is breaking apart.

Options
andrespd99
andrespd99 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I'm writting this because, since yesterday, I started hearing kind of a cracking sound when closing the laptop. Today, I just saw what I think is the root of the problem. The bottom-left corner of the screen, next to the left hinge, has a gap that opens everytime I move the laptop screen to the keyboard. Right now, the gap it creates everytime I close it is small, but I have read some people saying that it worsens with time. I have never, ever, dropped this device, nor I have opened it to make any upgrade. I haven't even reached a year with this laptop and it is already starting to fall apart. I want to know if Acer would solve this with no cost since this is a factory defect.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    ¿Usted compró el portátil dentro del país o importó?
    Póngase en contacto con el soporte técnico:
    TecnoAsist C.A.
    Centro Comercial Caurimare
    Mezzanina, Local 33
    Urb.Caurimare, El Cafetal
    Caracas – Venezuela
    Tels: (58-212) 987-7223 / 985-6990
    soportelatinoacer@tx.acer.com
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andrespd99
    andrespd99 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello egydiocoelho. No, I bought the laptop in USA from Amazon. Can I still be serviced here in my country?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Acer notebooks have international warranty! It is recommended that you contact your country's technical support to find out how to use the international warranty! However it is very likely that they will ask for the purchase invoice of the product!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • confused312
    confused312 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My laptop screen is separating. It gets worse when I close then reopen it. Is there anyway to repair it? Thanks.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @confused312 What is the exact model of your notebook? Example a515-51! Is it still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer