Dolby Audio turns off when I play : ACER PREDATOR PH315-51

Valthow
Valthow Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello !

When I play and voice chat or when NVIDIA GeForce records my games, Dolby Audio turns off and my sound becomes faint and muffled. All my drivers are up to date. Someone would have a solution to my problem ? Thank you all !

Sorry for my english.. I'am french

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    This is a well known issue across the forum and you can find many threads regarding the issue. Dolby audio disables itself every time the device connects to VoIP in other words everytime you record sound, recieve or make a call on skype, teamspeak, discord, CS:GO voice chat etc. There is no way to make it work except one:

- Disable Dolby Audio completely and install EquilzerAPO.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    This is a well known issue across the forum and you can find many threads regarding the issue. Dolby audio disables itself every time the device connects to VoIP in other words everytime you record sound, recieve or make a call on skype, teamspeak, discord, CS:GO voice chat etc. There is no way to make it work except one:

- Disable Dolby Audio completely and install EquilzerAPO.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Valthow
    Valthow Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thank you for your satisfactory answer, 
    how to disable Dolby Audio completely ?

• ven98
    You can simply uninstall it from the control panel(you can install it again afterwards if you change your mind by reinstaling the realtek driver) or I think there should be an option somewhere from sound settings to disable software enhancement, which disables dolby completely.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system