XB271HU 144hz refresh rate issue!

Options
Ownsin
Ownsin Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited October 2018 in Predator Monitors
Hello, so I got my XB271HU monitor recently and I have been having one particular issue with it. I don't have the monitor overlocked. I just have it on 144hz because I don't want more than that for now and I also have g-sync on. When I tested out the refresh rate of the monitor on www.testufo.com. It seems like my monitor doesn't hit 144hz. It only goes as far as 143.806 give or take. Is this normal? I don't think so? In games, my Nvidia fps counter is always on 143 instead of 144 as well. What's the issue here and how can I fix it?

Thank you.

Answers

• Ownsin
    Options
    Another issue I also have is that for some reason all games are stuck on 143hz and don't go higher than that. Like they're getting capped by something. What's up with that too?
  • MajorFoley
    MajorFoley Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Ownsin said:
    Hello, so I got my XB271HU monitor recently and I have been having one particular issue with it. I don't have the monitor overlocked. I just have it on 144hz because I don't want more than that for now and I also have g-sync on. When I tested out the refresh rate of the monitor on www.testufo.com. It seems like my monitor doesn't hit 144hz. It only goes as far as 143.806 give or take. Is this normal? I don't think so? In games, my Nvidia fps counter is always on 143 instead of 144 as well. What's the issue here and how can I fix it?

Thank you.
    Just a question you running 2 monitors or one?
    And if you go into  display settings > advanced display settings  do you also have 143 hertz listed there instead of 144? Because i have that issue as well.

Just a heads up if you plan on using 2 monitors at once in the future if not already and they have different refresh rates better take a look at this reddit thread.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/
  • Ownsin
    Options
    Ownsin said:

Thank you.
    And if you go into  display settings > advanced display settings  do you also have 143 hertz listed there instead of 144? Because i have that issue as well.

Just a heads up if you plan on using 2 monitors at once in the future if not already and they have different refresh rates better take a look at this reddit thread.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/
    Nope, I only have 1 monitor.
  • MajorFoley
    MajorFoley Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2018
    Options
    Ownsin said:
    Ownsin said:

Thank you.

Really have no idea why mine shows up in 143 in the display settings but mine does hit 144 on that test ufo if i have nothing open but those 2 web browsers.
    Oh in nvidia control panel its set to 144 right? Also if your using G-sync make sure v-sync is off in games and it should go higher than 143/144. EG Doom 2016 did the same for me until i turned off V-sync.
  • Ownsin
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Ownsin said:
    Ownsin said:

Thank you.

Really have no idea why mine shows up in 143 in the display settings but mine does hit 144 on that test ufo if i have nothing open but those 2 web browsers.
    Oh in nvidia control panel its set to 144 right? Also if your using G-sync make sure v-sync is off in games and it should go higher than 143/144. EG Doom 2016 did the same for me until i turned off V-sync.
    Can you please test out your monitor's refresh rate on this page? https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate. Tell me what refresh rate it gives you in decimals. I want to compare it to mine and see the difference because for me it's giving me around 143.810 hz. What's yours? 

Also, yes I do have v-sync off in games and my monitor is set to 144hz in nvidia's control panel.
  • Ownsin
    Options
    Ownsin said:
    Ownsin said:

Thank you.

Are you going to respond? can anyone respond to my latest message please?
  • fluidz
    fluidz Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Ownsin said:
    Ownsin said:
    Ownsin said:

Thank you.

Can you please test out your monitor's refresh rate on this page? https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate. Tell me what refresh rate it gives you in decimals. I want to compare it to mine and see the difference because for me it's giving me around 143.810 hz. What's yours? 

Also, yes I do have v-sync off in games and my monitor is set to 144hz in nvidia's control panel.
    Mine says 144fps 144hz. I’m using the latest version of Firefox.

• Ownsin
    edited October 2018
    Options
    fluidz said:
    Ownsin said:
    Ownsin said:
    Ownsin said:

Thank you.

Mine says 144fps 144hz. I’m using the latest version of Firefox.

Yes, but what does it tell you in decimals? for example, this is what I got, just tell me what you got in decimals. Like I got 143.812 Hz. What did you get? this goes to everyone who reads this thread! please post your results.
  • Ownsin
    Options
    Can anyone please respond?
  • Ownsin
    Options
    Hello, can anyone please respond?
  • Nokturnal
    Nokturnal Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    overclocked to 165hz. 
  • Ownsin
    Options
    Nokturnal said:
    overclocked to 165hz. 
    Can you show me the results in 144hz, please?

Thank you.
  • Nokturnal
    Options
    Sure thing. 144hz

• Ownsin
    Options
    Nokturnal said:
    Sure thing. 144hz

Thank you! I got a similar result then. Can you tell me when you purchased this monitor?
  • Ownsin
    Options
    Nokturnal said:
    Sure thing. 144hz

Seems like the only difference I can see is that Pixels Per Sec being 0 for you and -1 for me. I don't know what that means but can you tell me when you purchased your monitor?

Thank you.
  • Nokturnal
    Options
    I got it two years ago. 
  • Ownsin
    Options
    Nokturnal said:
    I got it two years ago. 
    So, you got it around 2016? Any issues with it so far?
  • Nokturnal
    Options
    yep around this same time two years ago and yes i have like this shadow (yogore) stain running down the left side of the monitor. after the holidays im looking to get a new monitor. these panels are apparently prone to it. 
  • Nokturnal
    Options
    like this but not as drastic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFdZRw0YSik
  • Ownsin
    Options
    Nokturnal said:
    *****, that's pretty bad. Does it happen to every monitor with this panel or did you just get unlucky?