Acer Predator XB241H issues

MajorFoley
MajorFoley Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
So got this monitor, was pretty excited to game finally on 144hz. Except everytime i boot up a game i always get the DisplayPort logo on my screen which is quite frankly annoying. Windows advanced display settings also shows the monitor running at 143hz instead of 144. There is also the fact that on dark screens i can see a blue pixel which i tried fixing with Jscreenfix with no success... Very tempted to return this monitor and look for another one if i cant stop the logo showing everytime i boot up a game.
Anyone got suggestions for this?

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @MajorFoley,

Try to do a simple TS by removing all the cables including the power code ->> Press and hold the power button for 30secs ->> plug back the power code and turn on the computer ->>You will see a acer logo, then try for the menu options in the monitor->> go to inputs and select the auto. hope it will help you.
    Image result for acer input option in monitor
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • MajorFoley

Tinkerer

christy1 said:
    Hi @MajorFoley,

Try to do a simple TS by removing all the cables including the power code ->> Press and hold the power button for 30secs ->> plug back the power code and turn on the computer ->>You will see a acer logo, then try for the menu options in the monitor->> go to inputs and select the auto. hope it will help you.
    Image result for acer input option in monitor
    Sorry for the long absence, i actually had to return the monitor, it had a dead pixel which was real annoying.
    Well i think the logo popping up is tied to the frame rate, whenever i can set the games framerate to 144 its fine, however some games like Company of Heroes 2 only have 120 max or some only 60 and it causes THAT logo to pop up. this one in particular
  • MajorFoley

Tinkerer

Might have to send this monitor back, this random flickering is starting to become annoying. Already had to return it once due to a dead pixel.