CB280HK Monitor has diagonal artifacts

bourbons79
bourbons79 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hi,

My CB280HK monitor has a diagonal artifacts across the screen. These are obvious particularly when there is a light and fairly solid colour being displayed.

I don't think this is a video card/cable/operating system/software issue. This is because these artifacts are present on the 'acer' logo when turning on the monitor with no input attached. Please see attached photo, sorry if it's a bit large and the diagonal lines are a little faint, but I assure you it is worse in real life.

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    What resolution are you running? What's the native resolution of the monitor? Do they match? Does it show up when in Windows or only during the boot screen?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bourbons79
    bourbons79 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It happens on the boot screen, in windows and linux. I'm running the monitor at it's native resolution.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If I were to guess I'd be thinking it's an interference issue. Any noisemakers nearby? Can you move the power source to an outlet not serving the computer? Are your outlets grounded? Motors of any type (fan?) on the same circuit? Can you separate the power wiring to see if there's a difference. It can be a challenge to find this type of thing...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.