S242HL Monitor is not being recognisesd by Windows 10

Options
jetav002
jetav002 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hi,
My S242HL external Monitor is not being recognised by my windows 10 notebook. Is this a driver issue, windows 10 issue or other? I am using HDMI to connect. I get the same problem if I connect via my DELL dock or directly from my notebook.
Thanks.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    jetav002 
    Acer monitors work on the “Plug-and-Play” principle, meaning that aside from physically connecting the monitor to both a power source and the computer, no other steps or driver are necessary to have the monitor function correctly on windows computer. Most of the functionality of the getting images from the operating system onto your monitor is incorporated into the video card driver. 

>>If your monitor is displaying "No Input Signal" or "input not supported" message,  In fact seeing that display is a good sign the monitor is working. There are several possible causes for this error. You can also isolate the issue by connecting the monitor to another computer or, your laptop  to another monitor.

>>Please check by refreshing the Display driver of your laptop. Use the Windows key + X and select Device Manager. Expand Display Adapters. Right-click the adapter and select Uninstall.   Click OK to confirm. Connect the external monitor. Restart your computer to complete the task,  let the operating system reinstall the driver automatically upon restart and hopefully, the black screen will disappear. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    jetav002 
    Acer monitors work on the “Plug-and-Play” principle, meaning that aside from physically connecting the monitor to both a power source and the computer, no other steps or driver are necessary to have the monitor function correctly on windows computer. Most of the functionality of the getting images from the operating system onto your monitor is incorporated into the video card driver. 

>>If your monitor is displaying "No Input Signal" or "input not supported" message,  In fact seeing that display is a good sign the monitor is working. There are several possible causes for this error. You can also isolate the issue by connecting the monitor to another computer or, your laptop  to another monitor.

>>Please check by refreshing the Display driver of your laptop. Use the Windows key + X and select Device Manager. Expand Display Adapters. Right-click the adapter and select Uninstall.   Click OK to confirm. Connect the external monitor. Restart your computer to complete the task,  let the operating system reinstall the driver automatically upon restart and hopefully, the black screen will disappear. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!