Acer XFA240 bmjdprv completely disconnects from PC when turned off

Options
cpxasn
cpxasn Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I just bought the Acer XFA240 bmjdprv and I'm using it as a second screen. When this monitor is turned off, it loses all connection to the PC. The monitor is not listed at all. When i turn the monitor on, it then it establishes connection, and this causes ALL other monitors to go black for at least 5 seconds. Is this expected behavior? This is really annoying because I don't always have my second screen turned on. If I I'm in the middle of an online game, turning on the second screen would be a really bad idea.

I have used other monitors in the past in a multi-screen setup and those monitors never completely disconnects from the PC when they are off.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Have you checked whether, by disabling fast startup of power options, the problem remains?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • cpxasn
    Options
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Have you checked whether, by disabling fast startup of power options, the problem remains?
    I have a desktop. The desktop is on 24/7. The monitor is not.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    have you checked that the problem remains when you disable fast start up? Have you tried putting all monitors at the same resolution and refresh rate?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • cpxasn
    Options
    I just tried disabling fast startup on the Acer, but it didn't help. The screens both have 144hz, but different resolutions because one is 1440p and the other is 1080p.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the desktop model? Are you connecting the monitor to the hdmi port or display port? Did you find that by putting both monitors at the same resolution, the problem remains, even if one is 1080p and the other 1440p?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cpxasn
    Options
    Desktop is custom built with RTX 2080TI. Issue still occurs when setting same resolution.
  • cpxasn
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You can see in the nvidia control panel where the monitor disconnects when it is turned off. Other monitors I've used in the past do not completely lose connection when turned off.

ON

OFF

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are both monitors connected to an hdmi port or display port? Did you check if upgrading your nvidia video card driver solves the problem? Ideally, you should always uninstall and delete the old driver and then restart the computer before installing the new driver:

https://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/3.15.0.186/GeForce_Experience_v3.15.0.186.exe

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cpxasn
    Options
    Both are connected through displayport. Driver is already up to date, this computer was built this week. I think i'm going to just return this monitor. Thanks for your help.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you try to reverse the position of the monitors by changing the cables? Have you checked if activating the low latency mode option to slow the startup speed, solves the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kainblock
    kainblock Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Maybe monitor drains lot of power on start. Exact the same happens when I am powering some devices. A power strip with a fuse maybe solve your problem. Is monitor plug with or without ground ?