Acer Predator 21x Graphics drivers support

HPPARK
HPPARK Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Laptops
Hello,

Here is a request for the Predator 21x.

I love how the 21x has its separate system VGA drivers for SLI support, whcih can be found on the Acer support website. It makes the SLI performance seamless!

Though, I noticed how the drivers on the website were version 376.89, which is a bit old for today's standard of graphics drivers.

However, when I installed updated Nvidia drivers, I noticed how some SLI issues such as stuttering or the inability to decrease the brightness occurred.

I supposed this was because the special specific version of these drivers for this model was there for the previous version, but not for the most recent one.

I tried other Nvidia driver versions as well, including recent and not so recent ones. While some of them had less stuttering issues, all other versions than the one of the website made screen brightness decrease impossible.

would there be a solution to this problem-a specific driver for this model based off a recent nvidia graphics driver?

or perhaps a update system to shape the updates compatible to this model?

Thank you! Love your products and service.

Answers

• BadRandolph
    BadRandolph Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    Hi there,

I also own the Predator 21x and I join in with HPPARK. For the Price, honestly, I expect semi annual updates for the system components. Sad to see no one responding to this Post for two months, too.

PS: Not to forget, of course I have to mention what an awesome build this Laptop is. But without proper Software support it will diminish sooner than necessary.
  • KyawKoKoAung
    KyawKoKoAung Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello 

I'm also having the same issue. Can anyone help??
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    In my view Acer didn't updated the nvidia drivers too because the custom drivers they have on the website were tested and customized for the full performance of the gpu/s same with any other predator the stock acer drivers are the 388 for any other predator as those on support website are the only ones customized for the best performance for every predator model (and if they were tested and still working fine why would they update them don't think they will ever will unless real issues arise which none were reported)  but of course anyone can upgrade to any other nvidia version for ex newer games like BFV require at least the 416 minimum or they will not work properly and the reason no one replied here yet its i don't think there are too many ppl who could afford the 21X i wish i could but £10000 no way that's a high price to pay for a gaming laptop no way i would be able to pay that not in this lifetime and i hope my answer is satisfactory  and the best way to know exactly it's to open a ticket and contact acer support there are some acer staff here but this basically a 99% user community (which means users helping other users)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• BadRandolph

Tinkerer

Your "Contribution" to the discussion is, as I expect you to know, not satiating.
    Constructing an Excuse for Acer to not update the software of their premium hardware is the same as if people were to protect Volkswagen and other auto mobile manufacturers from the "Dieselgate" affair.
    If 300 units were sold they made roughly 3.000.000$, no? Requesting Software updates is obvious and sensible, considering the top tier of technology this product tries to inherent in, and it's rather saucy price tag. I will file a request regarding this situation, to whatever endeavour;
    But this is nevertheless a topic of collective concern, since it shows how little Acer supports it's products, and the men and women who own these.
  • BadRandolph

Tinkerer

"Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
    as can be read in the Forum (https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/553242/acer-predator-21x-graphics-drivers-support) there still are people waiting for an updated cycle of hardware drivers, GPU drivers specifically.
    With Windows 10 1903 on the horizon and future non RTX exlusive raytracing features in the foreseeable future it is my firm believe that a new batch of drivers is necessary to keep the Predator 21x as a competent contestant among other powerful desktop replacements. Using any other Driver other than the one from two YEARS ago results in, at least one case, loss of brightness control via shortcuts and limited driver functionality. With delivering such a unique Concept to Customers the very good impression you left in the tech scene might go utterly to waste if future potentials aren't used and Customer's expectations in your product's life cycles aren't met. I, for one, hope very much that this Reminder somehow finds it's way to your developers, resulting in the new batch of drivers mentioned in the beginning and, hopefully, sets the stage for more and more frequent updates for your products. Thanks you for your Attention, yours sincerely,"

-#190430-000547

I will let you know if there is any further progress.

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited April 2019
    Your "Contribution" to the discussion is, as I expect you to know, not satiating.
    Constructing an Excuse for Acer to not update the software of their premium hardware is the same as if people were to protect Volkswagen and other auto mobile manufacturers from the "Dieselgate" affair.
    If 300 units were sold they made roughly 3.000.000$, no? Requesting Software updates is obvious and sensible, considering the top tier of technology this product tries to inherent in, and it's rather saucy price tag. I will file a request regarding this situation, to whatever endeavour;
    But this is nevertheless a topic of collective concern, since it shows how little Acer supports it's products, and the men and women who own these.
    @BadRandolph well if my contribution for the discussion didn't satisfy you that is your problem on how you understood it i just pointed what is evident to everyone and you stated (acer premium hardware) well its not anymore its outdated because if it was they would keep it updated don't you think?

And i am here to help everyone in what i can im not here (just because i am) and regarding the 21x it was a limited edition and will not be produced anymore so no point it wasting time on updating whatever is related to (might get updated and might not) as the new models keep coming out the new Helios an Tritons are the future but this being said i would love to own one no matter what but i would never give £10.000 for a laptop neither even desktop in my view that is just for someone who has nothing else to do with the money they have (i could buy 4 cars with that amount of money or even give a good entry deposit for a house its just insane) but everyone is free to do whatever they want with their money i sweat a lot to get mine at the end of the month so no thanks not for me already costed me a lot to buy what i have now and im not here to defend anyone like u stated im just doing my job (or trying to)

PS: in your order of thinking i would also like all my aspires 5740G's/7745G's to be updated with new drivers and bios updates if possible but yeah i understand your point of view you and every predator 21x owners are right as they had paid premium price and want regularly updates but im afraid its a common practice for any manufacturer of no matter what device to stop the support of an end of life/outdated product its called marketing in case you didn't knew and by the way Acer supports their products just fine never had an issue before and i use acer since 2008 but as i said dont expect them to keep supporting a product that doesnt exist anymore

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• BadRandolph

Tinkerer

edited August 2020
    Update:
    "Response By Email (XXXXX) (01/05/2019 13:09)
    Good day Hartmannn

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Kind Regards"

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    What happens when you try to update your drivers via Device Manager? It worked out for me but I have Predator Helios 300.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • BadRandolph

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    What happens when you try to update your drivers via Device Manager? It worked out for me but I have Predator Helios 300.
    Sadly almost nothing, it just notifies me that the most up to date driver is already installed
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    XdxD said:
    Sadly almost nothing, it just notifies me that the most up to date driver is already installed
    Feels bad. What about your Intel Graphics? It also shows as up-to-date in Device Manager?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • BadRandolph

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    Feels bad. What about your Intel Graphics? It also shows as up-to-date in Device Manager?
    Sure, the Intel drivers are just standard drivers compatible with the processor. Doesn't work that way for the graphics cards, though.
  • BadRandolph

Tinkerer

*"Update"*

More than a year has passed, no updates, no further reply and no new driver.

Next Laptop won't be an Acer, clearly. I also recommend not buying your products, of course.
  • BadRandolph

Tinkerer

edited November 2021
    Small update:
    Another year has passed, No sign from customer support.
    I resetted the system and upgraded the driver manually WITHOUT clean reinstall, that fixes the problem of the lost brightness control, hence enabling you to finally use the latest driver.
    Battery is down, too. I'll replace it since the overclock feature needs it to be charged at 40% and mine's not loading anymore.
    Shame Acer abandoned this product line so early on. There's really no alternative afaik with a curved screen in 21:9. Guess this one will finally give up in 12-36 months. It was built beautifully though, still kicking in it's sixth year now.

This will be my last update on this matter. Acer doesn't care for me and vice versa, plus I found a solution to the initial problem; So cased closed.

*Edit* Also @Acer-Tommy or any other moderator please delete the accepted answer of mine. It has been made illegible and serves no purpose anymore. Thanks.

• BadRandolph

Tinkerer

@Acer-Harvey or any other mod: please delete the accepted answer of mine. It has been made illegible and serves no purpose anymore. Thanks.
    I was unable to edit my previous entry again, sorry for the inconvenience.
This discussion has been closed.