Paint peeling from bottom bezel

wilkojames
wilkojames Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Has anyone had any issues with the metalic paint coming away from near the Predator logo on the front? I noticed a week ago a small patch that had seemingly just come off when i dusted  my monitor with a micro fibre cloth. The edges of the patch have continued to flake away. The monitor is only 3 months old and I've also noticed the bezel is coming away from the screen on either side of the logo.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    wilkojames 
    It is difficult to see exactly what is going on in the photos, but it does look like there is corrosion of some sort on some of the metal surfaces. 
    Have you spoken to Acer support about this? If there is nothing that you as a user has done, then I don't see how you could have caused the corrosion. 
    Acer would consider this to be cosmetic damage and not covered under their warranty. 
    If you haven't spoken to Acer support team yet, I would recommend that you do so. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • wilkojames
    wilkojames Member Posts: 3 New User
    Update on my issues... I took the monitor back to the Acer service center and they replaced the bezel. It arrived back today and within a second of taking it out of the box I could see that it would need to go back again! Obviously the new bezel had no missing paint near the logo however the bezel is in terrible condition with scuff marks and dents in several spots (remember my screen was only 4 months old and in perfect condition) and also the gaps between the screen and bezel was a whole lot worse. I'm pretty disgusted that they would send me this back and think i would be happy?!