How do I update BIOS without the monitor?

Options
Cyrrow
Cyrrow Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Screen won't work despite being on. And every post about this says to install the system hang up bios but none of them tell how to do this without a working display. 

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    It's risky updating BIOS without the screen to view the prompts, I would suggest you to get professional help for updating BIOS or try find a way to fix the screen first and update BIOS. Have you tried connecting to an external display with HDMI cable? 
  • Cyrrow
    Options
    I haven't tried yet but I will. Hopes aren't up though seeing as how everyone else who's had this issue says it doesn't work as well. 
  • Cyrrow
    Options
    Hi,
    It's risky updating BIOS without the screen to view the prompts, I would suggest you to get professional help for updating BIOS or try find a way to fix the screen first and update BIOS. Have you tried connecting to an external display with HDMI cable? 
    Alright, it works with the hdmi cable, tried to install bios system hangup but its up to date
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Then the monitor could be at fault, is it a laptop or a Desktop? If it's a laptop, you could try checking the display cable, it may be loose or faulty.