I cant able to find my web cam .. Model Acer Nitro ryzen 5 (AN515-42)

Options
aravindh
aravindh Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought a brand new laptop in Amazon today...while checking all its apps, I found that My windows camera app and skype cannot able to find the attached camera in the laptop... My camera app shows the error:00AF4244(00xC00DBE0).. I tried most of the methods  available in acer community and other websites.. Can someone help me!!!

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    aravindh said:
    I bought a brand new laptop in Amazon today...while checking all its apps, I found that My windows camera app and skype cannot able to find the attached camera in the laptop... My camera app shows the error:00AF4244(00xC00DBE0).. I tried most of the methods  available in acer community and other websites.. Can someone help me!!!
    Go to device manager and uninstall Integrated webcam drivers and restart the unit. If the issue persist after the restart then update your windows. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    hi arvind,
    is your laptop's display white or yellowish? like the colors when you are on web page or anywhere
  • aravindh
    Options
    B4ttleSky said:
    hi arvind,
    is your laptop's display white or yellowish? like the colors when you are on web page or anywhere
    No problems in the display
  • aravindh
    Options
    Rudy21 said:
    aravindh said:
    Go to device manager and uninstall Integrated webcam drivers and restart the unit. If the issue persist after the restart then update your windows. 
    I am very hesitant to update my windows coz, i could see lots driver queries when we update windows from version 1709 to 1809... Is it safe? because i dont want a headache searching for drivers
  • B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    aravindh said:
    Rudy21 said:
    aravindh said:
    I am very hesitant to update my windows coz, i could see lots driver queries when we update windows from version 1709 to 1809... Is it safe? because i dont want a headache searching for drivers
    dont update unless you want more issues 
  • Niphon_13
    Niphon_13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    my web cam is cannot use  after update windows and bios  

Model Acer Nitro ryzen 5 (AN515-42)

• vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Run all the updates  until 1809 . Also update drivers from within device manager -> device -> update driver . It is very slow to update so be patient 
  • JivanRai
    JivanRai Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Any other solution - is their a driver that we can find?
    same problem for my Nitro - this is what I have done and still no solution
    1) uninstall - cant seem to find it anymore in device manager - even after restarting
    2) windows updated to date - still no camera
    3) watch many videos but did not help
    Big issue is the camera is no longer available in the Device Manager, I can try to add hardware BUT there is no software - even in ACER website.

Any Solution is Gravely Needed!