Aspire A517-51G Sound Issues

MeghanT
MeghanT Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
My Acer Aspire 5 has audio issues both playing normally and with headphones. It is especially notable with headphones because that is what I use most often.
The problem does not seem to correlate with mouse movement. 

The audio frequently sounds like it's peaking or clipping and the audio sounds badly mixed. There is also occasionally a rare pop.
The machine is almost brand new and the problem has been present since I bought it.

I have disabled all enhancements, updated/reinstalled my audio driver and there seems to be no change.

I don't know if this will be of any use but although it is touted as a feature TrueHarmony has not every been accessible to me/on the laptop even after I re-downloaded the Realtek audio driver.

The drivers it uses are Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)
                                  Intel (R) Display Audio
                                  NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device  (Wave Extensible) WDM

Any help would be appreciated! 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    MeghanT 
    >>>Please try a simple power reset. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and check the issue.

>>>Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio 
    Press Windows key +X, select Control panel. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel. Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

>>>Please check if you have any pending windows updates.
    To check for updates now, select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

>Switch to the generic Windows audio driver
    Open device manager, Right-click on your audio device and click on Update Driver Software.
    Click on Browse my computer for driver software. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Select High Definition Audio  Device and click on Next. Follow the onscreen instructions to replace their computer’s default audio driver with the general Windows High Definition Audio Device.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!