NITRO 5 AN515-42 - My display/screen looks yellowish even the white looks yellow is that normal?

Options
2»

Answers

• B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Cragi_77 said:
    Use DDU to clear the gpu drivers. It's very easy to use. Then instal the VGA driver from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1
    First driver and then app which is Radeon Settings. After that screen have to look OK. Then you have to go to Device manager -> Display adapters -> Radeon 560X -> right click on it -> update driver. That's all :)

will this fix the driver errors such as yellow tint and abnormal color reproductions?
  • Red_Sun
    Red_Sun Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Check where your color temperature is set. Open radeon control center > display > color > temp should be the top slider. Noticed mine was set leaning to warm on both the laptop and my main.

• Tarzankayaker
    Tarzankayaker Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hey,
    I've been having a similar problem with mine. I also noticed the same issue with the display model in best buy. It's weird that the correct color shows in safe mode, so I'm not sure if your issue has the same cause as mine, but I found a way to get it looking good on my machine using the windows screen calibration tool. You can give the steps below a try if you want. Might work.

Both the gamma and color calibration were terrible on mine. If you search color calibration on the start menu, the first result should be for windows calibration. The first step is a screen to correct gamma. Just go through the onscreen instructions. I only had to bump mine up a few steps. After that, skip brightness and contrast.

The next step is color correction, and this is a little trickier. There is an Android app called color grab, which uses the camera on your phone and gives you RGB (red, green, blue) values. You should download this as doing it by eye is very difficult. The color calibration screen on your computer will show several grey boxes. Hold your phone's camera over each box to get an RGB value. The objective is to get R, G and B values the same, thereby make the shades of grey neutral. If your screen is like mine, R and G will be significantly higher than B. Use the slider bars to bring down R and G until they have the same value as B. You will need to hold the camera over each shade of grey to make sure that color is correct over the entire range of brightness. Once this is done, you can use the previous/current calibration buttons to see the difference.

Disclosures: I am not warranteeing or gauranteeing against some freak accident breaking something, but I think the risk is pretty low considering color calibration is a Windows tool.

If you want to reset the calibration, just use the tool again without changing anything, and it will go back to default. 

The windows color calibration will only calibrate for the user account it is currently on. These settings can be made global, but there are a lot more instructions to do this. If you want to do that, just Google around for instructions.

The color grab app may not display RGB values by default. Just play around with the settings until it shows on the screen. Even with the junk camera on my phone, the app worked really well.

I think this covers everything! The screens on these machines do not have great contrast or saturation, but they can look a whole lot better with calibration.

Regards,
  • Dootidoot
    Dootidoot Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi! 
    Sorry for late answer. But putting color temperature to automatic in the AMD Radeon Settings application may fix your problem. :)
  • GAURAV124
    GAURAV124 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i just bought nitro 5 and some time youtube videos are  playing in yellowish color ??? is there any solution for this ???
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    GAURAV124 said:
    i just bought nitro 5 and some time youtube videos are  playing in yellowish color ??? is there any solution for this ???

Please start a new Topic of your own for your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★