NITRO 5 AN515-42 - My display/screen looks yellowish even the white looks yellow is that normal?

B4ttleSky
B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
i just bought this laptop and lately i been noticing the laptop screen looks yellowish and wanted to know if there is a way to fix it or is it normal?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please check whether Night light is switched on, go to settings, click System tile, check whether it's set to switch on at a certain times, if not click Nightlight settings and change the times.

• B4ttleSky
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for replying,
    NO, night light is off on my laptop but still the screen looks kinda yellowish. it would be epic if you can help me
  • brummyfan2
    edited October 2018
    Hi,
    Open Acer Quick access and check whether Bluelight shield is switched on, if that doesn't help, it could be the screen, I am interested in the make and model of the screen, it could be a TN panel with low brightness, perhaps. 

• B4ttleSky
    the bluelight shield is OFF and the laptop says its an ips display
  • brummyfan2
    Could you please install HWiNFO64 free, run it and expand Monitor and find the make and model of the screen.
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

• B4ttleSky
    sure, here it is
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    I have compared with one of my screens, it has slightly lower contrast ratio, apart from that it's a good screen IMHO but you may have to switch to different screen latter on.
    http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=31856,26390
  • B4ttleSky
    is it possible to increase the contrast or fix the yellowish tint? please
  • brummyfan2
    I would not suggest you to adjust the settings in the display, it has to be done by professionals, I have never done it, so I would suggest you to take it to a local repair shop and get help. If you want you could try upgrading the display adapter driver and see whether it helps.
  • MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi @B4ttleSky,

I have the same panel (LGD0590) on my Nitro 5 but I do not face any issues as described you. You may contact Acer Support or visit a Acer Service center to have them look at your display if there is a hardware defect or something else maybe.
    Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/
  • B4ttleSky
    MaxGamer said:
    Hi @B4ttleSky,

I have the same panel (LGD0590) on my Nitro 5 but I do not face any issues as described you. You may contact Acer Support or visit a Acer Service center to have them look at your display if there is a hardware defect or something else maybe.
    MaxGamer said:
    Hi @B4ttleSky,

hi, can i get a picture of ur display? is it like little yellowish or like shows real colors?
  • B4ttleSky
    I would not suggest you to adjust the settings in the display, it has to be done by professionals, I have never done it, so I would suggest you to take it to a local repair shop and get help. If you want you could try upgrading the display adapter driver and see whether it helps:

i updated it, and can i know how to set the amd radeon 560x as default driver instead of the vega 8 graphics?
  • MaxGamer
    @B4ttleSky
    It shows real colors to me for sure. Also I have seen many reviews of Nitro 5's on youtube and none of them mention a screen tint.
    You can boot into safe mode once to check whether is it a hardware issue or caused by a software installed/driver.
    To boot into safe mode, type msconfig in Start search bar>>Boot>>Safe mode with Minimal>>Apply. Now reboot. 

Check if the tint is still there or not. Also you have to repeat the same steps to get out of safe mode by unchecking the safe mode and clicking apply and rebooting into normal boot.

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

• B4ttleSky
    MaxGamer said:
    @B4ttleSky
    It shows real colors to me for sure. Also I have seen many reviews of Nitro 5's on youtube and none of them mention a screen tint.
    You can boot into safe mode once to check whether is it a hardware issue or caused by a software installed/driver.
    To boot into safe mode, type msconfig in Start search bar>>Boot>>Safe mode with Minimal>>Apply. Now reboot. 

Check if the tint is still there or not. Also you have to repeat the same steps to get out of safe mode by unchecking the safe mode and clicking apply and rebooting into normal boot.
    the whole screen is yellowish instead of white :(
  • MaxGamer
    B4ttleSky said:
    MaxGamer said:
    @B4ttleSky

the whole screen is yellowish instead of white :(
    Did you try the safe mode or not?

• B4ttleSky
    MaxGamer said:
    @B4ttleSky

yooooooooooo
    it showed true colors in the safe mode!!!!

whats the issue here? please help me out
    ty :D
  • MaxGamer
    Its good that it was showing true colours in safe mode. This means its not a faulty display panel. I don't know what is the issue here, but if I take a guess it has to do with graphics device. Maybe some other community member maybe able to help you as I don't have much experience with Ryzen's.
    What is your graphics card driver version? Its in Device Manager

• B4ttleSky
    MaxGamer said:
    Its good that it was showing true colours in safe mode. This means its not a faulty display panel. I don't know what is the issue here, but if I take a guess it has to do with graphics device. Maybe some other community member maybe able to help you as I don't have much experience with Ryzen's.
    What is your graphics card driver version? Its in Device Manager

ty for replying,
    the graphics card is amd radeon 560x and the version is 23.20.826.8448
    and the other is vega 8 and the version is 23.20.826.8448
  • B4ttleSky
    please can someone help me? its been bothering me alot :(
  • Cragi_77
    Cragi_77 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Use DDU to clear the gpu drivers. It's very easy to use. Then instal the VGA driver from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1
    First driver and then app which is Radeon Settings. After that screen have to look OK. Then you have to go to Device manager -> Display adapters -> Radeon 560X -> right click on it -> update driver. That's all :)