Power Disconnecting and Reconnecting when battery is 100% full

Van12
Van12 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
One the charge hits 100% the power is getting disconnected and then reconnected after a few seconds. It happened about twice a minute in the beginning but now it is much more frequent, about 5 times a minute and it's getting very annoying. Usually when the laptop is completely switched off and the charger is connected it shows a blue light which indicates that the battery is full or an orange light to show it's charging but now there is no light indication whatsoever(only when laptop is completely turned off). I tried reinstalling the driver and even resetting the battery, Both of them didn't work. What should i do now? :s

Best Answer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    If you've tried uninstalling drivers and a battery reset then I would suggest sending to Acer.

Also.. are you sure your outlet isn't faulty and is grounded? (Earthed)
    Best to be sure of the issue prior to sending it in and wasting time.
    - Hotel Hero

Answers

• Enter the exact model of the notebook and reset the battery according to the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Answer ✓
    If you've tried uninstalling drivers and a battery reset then I would suggest sending to Acer.

Also.. are you sure your outlet isn't faulty and is grounded? (Earthed)
    Best to be sure of the issue prior to sending it in and wasting time.
    - Hotel Hero
  • It is possible that the interlock button is not pressed properly! Can you tell the exact model of your notebook? Example vx-591g!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Van12

Tinkerer

Model number is G3-572 (predator helios 300). There is no problem with the outlet. The Laptop is charging just fine and there is no problem with the battery backup. But, once the charge has reached 100% it is unable to maintain it like it used to. Once the charge is full the power disconnects as if i have removed the charger and switches to the battery. I know this because of the beep sound and there is noticeable difference in the brightness and also the keyboard lights switches off because both modes are different. The Battery icon also changes from the plugged in symbol to just the battery level. This keeps happening probably about 5 times every minute so now i just take the charger off once the charge hits 100% otherwise this just keeps on happening for hours on end.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Generally, current notebooks use some of the battery power to deliver more performance especially in gaming! However it is strange to disconnect and connect the power adapter!
    I would now try to check if this could be happening because of the interlock button that may not be properly pressed:

Then just put some layers of electrical tape in the compartment that covers this button! You should not open if you have a warranty seal on the screws!

Then I would try to update the bios to the latest version: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.20_A_A.zip?acerid=636749064089563390&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR G3-572&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3#_ga=2.68040980.465082559.1538328044-1951551210.1538328044
    In the meantime I recommend that you update the bios when the battery is at 70%, so that the power adapter is not disconnected, as it is necessary that it be present in the update!
    However it is a risky procedure and I do not take any responsibility for any damage!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Van12

Tinkerer

I updated the bios but it didn't work.
  • Van12

Tinkerer

https://youtu.be/xMBtucZ-5VU       here is a video of how its is. I am not disconnecting and reconnecting my charger while this is happening.

• Have you tried the interlock button option? If you tried and did not resolve it, perhaps unplugging the battery and reconnecting it again solves your problem!

However, do this only if you do not have a warranty seal on the screws or if your computer is not under warranty!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Red-Sand
    Does your laptop "shock" you?
    - Hotel Hero
  • First_Vision
    First_Vision Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I am too having this problem and its interrupting my work because it slows everything down when its disconnects.. Any updates?