Overclocking RAM in helios 500 AMD RYZEN VEGA VERSION possible to get better performance????⚠️⚠️⚠️

tejas
tejas Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Please help me get better understanding of is it possible to overclock the ram in helios 500 

Best Answer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Do you have overclocking VIA Predator Sense?
    I haven't got the chance to look at the Ryzen model.

If you have overclocking options in Predator Sense then navigate to C:/ProgramData/OEM/PredatorSense

In this folder you will find a ini file (config file) called PredatorSense. Right click > edit in notepad and scroll down to the values shown in the RAM section of the config and you will see the values of RAM overclock that's enabled with each profile.
    Here you can modify the OEM clock & RAM overclocks for each profile.

I recommend NOT modifying the "normal" profile overclocks in PredatorSense config file as if you end up with an issue you don't want a boot loop to occur.

Enjoy!
    - Hotel Hero

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Do you have overclocking VIA Predator Sense?
    I haven't got the chance to look at the Ryzen model.

If you have overclocking options in Predator Sense then navigate to C:/ProgramData/OEM/PredatorSense

In this folder you will find a ini file (config file) called PredatorSense. Right click > edit in notepad and scroll down to the values shown in the RAM section of the config and you will see the values of RAM overclock that's enabled with each profile.
    Here you can modify the OEM clock & RAM overclocks for each profile.

I recommend NOT modifying the "normal" profile overclocks in PredatorSense config file as if you end up with an issue you don't want a boot loop to occur.

Enjoy!
    - Hotel Hero