My Acer boot directly to default boot device missing or boot failed without showing the acer logo

Options
Albert50123
Albert50123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My Acer v5-561p-6823 boot directly to default boot device missing or boot failed without showing the acer logo and it can't enter the bios setting when i press the f2 or f12

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds till the machine completely shuts off. Then turn it back on and ***immediately*** start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Is the HDD identified in the BIOS information tab?. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Albert50123
    Albert50123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    thanks Jack but this didn't work with mine. I am not sure but mine wont enter the bios setting no matter how many times i keep tapping the f2 .the acer logo doesn't even show when its switched on
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    If it goes directly to the boot device missing/failed screen without the logo, then your machine is still in fast startup mode.  Meaning it's still not completely shut off. So unplug the charger. Then press & hold the power button again for at least 5 seconds or till there are no signs of life. Turn the laptop upside down and remove the battery pack. Then press and hold the power button again for about a minute to completely drain any remaining charge on the mainboard. Then re-insert the battery and charger plug. Then start tapping the F2 key while turning it back on. You gotta be quick tapping the F2 key to see if the BIOS menu finally appears. If it does, see if the HDD is identified in the BIOS information tab as shown in my earlier post. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ