Aspire E5-576G-81GD Alt Mode/Display Port capable?

randck
randck Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I ordered the E5-576G-81GD.  Will this support Alt Mode/Display Port over Alt Mode?  Also can I charge this laptop via the USB C port?  I am trying to decide which docking station to order (I will want to drive 2 monitors).  Thank you.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Left side front C-USB support battery charging when laptop is off. You can drive two external monitors but probably not independently if that's what your looking for Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Left side front C-USB support battery charging when laptop is off. You can drive two external monitors but probably not independently if that's what your looking for Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• randck
    randck Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you.  One more question please.  I would like to increase the hard drive space and would like to add a second ssd to my machine (came with the 256GB ssd).  I want to make sure I order the correct additional ssd and will want to order a 1T.  Does the second (currently empty) bay require a M.2 form ssd?  What ssd would you recommend?
  • JackE
    The 256GB SSD sounds suspicously like an m.2 is already in there. You can confirm this by pressing the Winkey + Rkey and entering msinfo32.exe. Then clicking on components. Then storage. Then disks to see what you have.

The 2nd bay is probably for a regular 2.5" HDD or SSD. So you can go wild with the storage! :)

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ