BEWARE - acer chromebook 14 cannot charge a phone or a speaker or anything else!

summertime1234
summertime1234 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just bought a new acer chromebook 14 from amazon arrived a couple of days ago and realised last night htat my phone was not charging,
tried 3 cables, both slots, tried all of the above on my laptop - worked fine, tried charging my bluetooth speaker again chromebook failed to charge it, laptop fine.
called amazon tech support, and they checked my info , what I had done, and then = and only then, told me that the acer chromebook 14 does not have enough power to charge a phone or anything else!
no info on this on acer website, no info on this on amazon (bought directly from amazon not an amazon seller) and then told me to send it back!
I can confirm the chromebook is fully charged, and plugged in, - checked all of tthat with amazon tech support before he went away and then came back to say it would never have enough power to the usb ports  to charge anythiung, and that I should return it and buy soemthing else - an utter disgrace!
my first chromebook, I thought I had picked a good one ( for my price range - £300) - and it cannot even charge a phone, and as for my bluetooth speaker - it only charges via usb, so with this acer chromebook I would never be able to use it!

Answers