Nitro 5 AN515-52 8300h 1050 CPU Throttling (ASAP)

nathfred
nathfred Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have the new Nitro 5 which the i5-8300h + GTX 1050 version.
I play some heavy game like far cry 5 or other gpu demanding games. I use msi afterburner to monitor the usage and temp of the processor and the gpu. (Ambient temp : 25 - 30)
When it's plugged-in, i play for like an hour or less, the gpu never go above 75 but the cpu always drastically changing between 65 - 95, even it goes above 95 pretty often for a second like every 20 seconds. I always experiencing frames drop for like 2 seconds every 30 seconds. This is NUTS
But when it's not plugged-in both the cpu and the gpu never go above 70, it always stable around 65. No frame drop at all.
I've analyzing and i found something, when i play heavy games on battery and when it goes down to 6% it triggers low battery notification and i plugged-in. The gpu stays below 70 and the gpu below 75. But when it charges til 40% the cpu suddenly reach above 80 even 90, but the gpu stil under 75.
I've tried to undervolt the cpu by 1.00 V and it doesn't help much, it still reaches above 90s
Man, i'm so frustated, please someone help me :(

Answers

• PotatoBoy
    PotatoBoy Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited October 2018
    I have same type laptop with you and exactly same issue. I've repaste mine with thermal grizzly kyronaut and get temp 5 c lower. Then I use 5 fan cooling pad with 5 cm lift bottom, give some air circulation, just help 5 c lower. Last, I used throttlestop and undervolt cpu core by 0,1850 cpu cache by 0,170 gpu by 0,120. By those all, I get 73 c cpu and 65 c gpu when play pes 2018. while play ffxv, 80 c gpu and 70 c gpu. My place tropichal tipical with room temp is 30-35 c. Last time I play in AC room, the temp goes to 67 c cpu and 60 c gpu. Hope this help you
  • nathfred
    nathfred Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2018
    PotatoBoy said:
    I have same type laptop with you and exactly same issue. I've repaste mine with thermal grizzly kyronaut and get temp 5 c lower. Then I use 5 fan cooling pad with 5 cm lift bottom, give some air circulation, just help 5 c lower. Last, I used throttlestop and undervolt cpu core by 0,1850 cpu cache by 0,170 gpu by 0,120. By those all, I get 73 c cpu and 65 c gpu when play pes 2018. while play ffxv, 80 c gpu and 70 c gpu. My place tropichal tipical with room temp is 30-35 c. Last time I play in AC room, the temp goes to 67 c cpu and 60 c gpu. Hope this help you
    Maybe it will help to cool down the cpu, but what i'm looking for is how to prevent the drastically increased cpu temp.
    I  can't figure it out why on certain precentage during charging process the cpu's suddenly raised very high.
    I also found something unusual, if i go to resource monitor when it's idle using battery it stay below 70% maximum frequency, but when it's plugged in it raised to 170% and keep on 160%-170%