same laptop better performance

GamingCinemaInc
GamingCinemaInc Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
i went to the microsoft store today and they had a gaming laptop with the same specs as mine but in fortnite they get more fps and more table fps than me, can anyone tell me why?

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ok thanks, i disabled both, and do u know why i only have 15.8 gb ram usable of 16 and do u know a way to make the full 16 usable?
    That is normal... in the same lines why in your hard disk of 1 TB only around 95b GB is usable. On mine I have 15.9 of 16 available; I am on windows 7. This small amount of RAM 100-200 MB is used for system operations and so reserved by the OS.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    GamingCinemaInc 
    What is the full model number of your laptop ?
    With NVidia optimisation you can run Fortnite at 60fps with no drop at all.
    Try Running The Game on High Priority - Go to task manager, right click on the Fortnite.exe file and set the priority to high.
    Close All Memory Eating Apps such as Chrome, iTunes and the Epic Launcher itself after starting the game so you have good enough RAM left to run the game.
    Go to your Game settings and lower down the settings that will help a lot and increase your FPS. This should be enough to increase your FPS by a little bit or make the game playable without Fps drop. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sri369
    Keep in mind... laptops on display in stores typically do not tend to have any other software other than what they want to showcase - like no antivirus, no background services and such... just like car manufacturers showcase EPA mileage on their window stickers vs the mpg you get when on road.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • GamingCinemaInc
    Sharanji said:
    GamingCinemaInc 
    What is the full model number of your laptop ?
    With NVidia optimisation you can run Fortnite at 60fps with no drop at all.
    Try Running The Game on High Priority - Go to task manager, right click on the Fortnite.exe file and set the priority to high.
    Close All Memory Eating Apps such as Chrome, iTunes and the Epic Launcher itself after starting the game so you have good enough RAM left to run the game.
    Go to your Game settings and lower down the settings that will help a lot and increase your FPS. This should be enough to increase your FPS by a little bit or make the game playable without Fps drop. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

all my settings were already on low and i have 16gb ram but only 15.85 is usable and my pc is the Acer predator helios 300 8th gen and i think the model number is ph-315-51 i play fortnite on stretched res and if i do nvidia optimization it will take that off
  • GamingCinemaInc
    sri369 said:
    Keep in mind... laptops on display in stores typically do not tend to have any other software other than what they want to showcase - like no antivirus, no background services and such... just like car manufacturers showcase EPA mileage on their window stickers vs the mpg you get when on road.
    that makes sense, i did hear about deleting superfetch but its confusing for me and i have 15.85 out of 16 gb ram usable and how would i delete superfetch and is there anything i definitely should delete off my pc that will increase my performance?
  • sri369
    @GamingCinemaInc

Windows Search and Superfetch are windows services. Disable them in control panel --> administrative tools --> services.

And make sure you are connected to power supply when gaming.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • GamingCinemaInc
    sri369 said:
    @GamingCinemaInc

Windows Search and Superfetch are windows services. Disable them in control panel --> administrative tools --> services.

should i disable all of them?
  • sri369
    sri369 said:
    @GamingCinemaInc

I mentioned only two - windows search and superfetch. Disable both.
    Also, if you do not use xbox, you can disable all xbox services too - you should be able to disable all except one.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • GamingCinemaInc

sri369 said:
    sri369 said:
    @GamingCinemaInc

Also, if you do not use xbox, you can disable all xbox services too - you should be able to disable all except one.
    is windows search the cortana searchbar thing?

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018

sri369 said:
    sri369 said:
    @GamingCinemaInc

Windows search its the service that indexes all the files in your pc so when you do a search it will find it as fast as possible and always run's in background using resources as its always indexing cortana has nothing to do with it its just an app that works along with it you can also disable it from the taskbar in the settings and as i said in a previous thread the service superfetch changed name to sysmain in the latest windows updates same service another name

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• GamingCinemaInc
    xapim said:

sri369 said:
    sri369 said:
    @GamingCinemaInc

Windows search its the service that indexes all the files in your pc so when you do a search it will find it as fast as possible and always run's in background using resources as its always indexing cortana has nothing to do with it its just an app that works along with it you can also disable it from the taskbar in the settings and as i said in a previous thread the service superfetch changed name to sysmain in the latest windows updates same service another name
    ok thanks, i disabled both, and do u know why i only have 15.8 gb ram usable of 16 and do u know a way to make the full 16 usable?
  • sri369
    Answer ✓
    That is normal... in the same lines why in your hard disk of 1 TB only around 95b GB is usable. On mine I have 15.9 of 16 available; I am on windows 7. This small amount of RAM 100-200 MB is used for system operations and so reserved by the OS.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Could be many things.

I've seen people set low graphic settings in Nvidia control panel and not allow the game to dictate graphics at all, so when you look at game graphics they appear high while lower is being used.

Best to test yourself before making assumptions.

Seeing as how the Helios holds the #1 position on many 3dmark bench tests amoung users, theres no reason it would lag behind another model.
    - Hotel Hero
  • GamingCinemaInc
    Red-Sand said:
    Could be many things.

I've seen people set low graphic settings in Nvidia control panel and not allow the game to dictate graphics at all, so when you look at game graphics they appear high while lower is being used.

Best to test yourself before making assumptions.

Seeing as how the Helios holds the #1 position on many 3dmark bench tests amoung users, theres no reason it would lag behind another model.
    how would that work?
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018
    Just like i said.
    Setting graphics in Nvidia control panel lower then making Nvidia GPU ignore the applications graphic settings (except LOD). The newer version of 3dmark are better at detecting this but most dont check at all.

What is their model?
    What is your model?
    What is the benchmark being run?
    What are ambient temps for each of you?

It could also be as simple as he has better optimized his system than you.
    My Helios 500 with a 1070 can outperform a 17x with a 1080.
    Not due to power but due to optimization.
    - Hotel Hero