Battery and low performance problem

Shortcake111
Shortcake111 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Model nr: G3-572
Serial nr: NHQ2BEH004745094373400
Last Sunday (7/10/18), My pc couldn't get to the bios and kept rebooting, only my key lights turned on and off each reboot. It only stopped after closing it. I needed it for school, the first thing I tried was just unplugging the battery. It does start up, but everything runs a lot slower. Overwatch doesn't get to 60 fps anymore, even on lowest settings and easy tasks (like opening explorer) take a lot of usage from my CPU and load long. I've already tried replugging the battery, which worked until later in the day when I woke it up out of sleep mode, it was the same as the first time. Even though the battery worked perfectly without the charger, the performance was still as low as before.

In the past, I upgraded to 16gb RAM, replaced the SSD with a bigger one, and redid the thermal paste to resolve the heating problem, this was 2 months ago.

Best Answer

• Shortcake111
    Answer ✓
    Hi. The software performance is fixed now. Verifier of Windows was on. Tried plugging in the battery again. It passes the bios but windows launches repair mode. Without battery it works perfectly, so I guess it's obvious now. Xb

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Hi! First it is recommended that you disable quick boot and also disable hibernation! Hibernation decreases ssd's life! Since ssd has a much faster transfer rate than hd, there is no need to let hibernation on! You also do not need to have Quick Launch enabled!

Also disable Hybrid Sleep mode here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shortcake111
    Hi! ^.^ Hibernate and hybrid sleep mode were already turned off. I turned off quick boot too now. Do I need to try booting with battery plugged in now?
  • You can boot the notebook both from the battery and from the power adapter!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shortcake111
    Answer ✓
    Hi. The software performance is fixed now. Verifier of Windows was on. Tried plugging in the battery again. It passes the bios but windows launches repair mode. Without battery it works perfectly, so I guess it's obvious now. Xb
  • If the repair only occurs when you connect the battery, try removing the battery driver and restart the notebook! Then turn off the notebook and connect the battery again!

If this does not work, restore the notebook to a date below the problem! Did this problem occur after upgrading to version 1809 of windows 10? I recommend that you back up the files before restoring the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer