Acer Aspire VN7-793G getting really hot when playing games and fan very loud

KarimCool
KarimCool Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hello i recently bought an acer aspire V17 nitro black edition , It's a gaming laptop ( 1050ti , i5 7300hq) but when I am playing games ( with AC) my cpu gets really hot (80C) and the fans are loud even when the game is just using 50% of the cpu , help me please thanks  .

Best Answer

• MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    KarimCool said:
    - when idle the clock speed goes between 1.40Ghz~ and 2.10Ghz~ when the cpu usage is increasing because of google chrome .
    when gaming the clock speed is at 3.10Ghz~
    @KarimCool Yeah its normal from what I can see from the data. 

Hit Solved if you don't have any more doubts, or post any other doubt which you may have!
    Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/

Answers

• MaxGamer
    Hello @KarimCool

The CPU temps are slightly on the higher side, but for sure under the limits. CPUs and GPUs are designed to shut down automatically when they reach their max temps. And while on AC, your laptop may have been running on 100% turbo boost of CPU, causing high temps. 
    Fans will be working at a higher RPM when the temps are high so don't worry about it. You should start to worry when you CPU reaches 90C+

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

• KarimCool

Tinkerer

MaxGamer said:
    Hello @KarimCool

The CPU temps are slightly on the higher side, but for sure under the limits. CPUs and GPUs are designed to shut down automatically when they reach their max temps. And while on AC, your laptop may have been running on 100% turbo boost of CPU, causing high temps. 
    Fans will be working at a higher RPM when the temps are high so don't worry about it. You should start to worry when you CPU reaches 90C+

thanks for your answer but the thing that i find strange is that the cpu is at 80C when its running at 50% not even 100% 
  • MaxGamer
    KarimCool said:
    MaxGamer said:
    Hello @KarimCool

thanks for your answer but the thing that i find strange is that the cpu is at 80C when its running at 50% not even 100% 
    Hi, 
    Can you please answer these questions:

Is the CPU constantly at 50% usage or fluctuating?
    Is it locked at a specific clock speed or that too is fluctuating?
    Heating issue is faced while playing games or even with light tasks like browsing internet?

• KarimCool

Tinkerer

edited October 2018
    MaxGamer said:
    KarimCool said:
    MaxGamer said:
    Hello @KarimCool

Hi, 
    Can you please answer these questions:

Is the CPU constantly at 50% usage or fluctuating?
    Is it locked at a specific clock speed or that too is fluctuating?
    Heating issue is faced while playing games or even with light tasks like browsing internet?
    - the CPU is at 50% when i run a specific game and its stable  but in more demanding games It is reaching 100% and in that case the fans are even louder and the temps are a bit higher than 80C.
    but when I'm not playing games it is at 10% max.

- I dont know how To look at clock speed but what i can say is that I didn't overclock my cpu.

- heating issue is only faced when playing games

• MaxGamer
    Hi @KarimCool

You can see the clock speeds in the task manager>>Performance. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the task manager. 

Also you can decrease the temperature by changing your power plan to Balanced or Power Saver, but that will impact your gaming performance. 

• KarimCool

Tinkerer

- when idle the clock speed goes between 1.40Ghz~ and 2.10Ghz~ when the cpu usage is increasing because of google chrome .
  • MaxGamer
    Answer ✓
    KarimCool said:

Hit Solved if you don't have any more doubts, or post any other doubt which you may have!

• KarimCool

Tinkerer

MaxGamer said:
    KarimCool said:

ok thank you very much