Missing screws on fans Helios 300

Jonsy
Jonsy Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just opened my Helios 300 to take a peek inside and noticed I'm missing two screws between the fans. I can't even put new ones since there's no receiving end (the thing you screw the screw in). Should I worry/rma? The screws I'm referring to are the ones in the red circle (the picture is taken from the Internet, I will provide a picture of my own if needed):

Answers

• @Jonsy! What is the exact model of notebook? Example v3-571!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jonsy

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho Model Name: PH315-51-74V4, Part Number: NH.Q3FAA.004
  • According to the service guide, the models with gtx 1060 have the thread (do not know how to say in English) screw fitting, see:

The models with the gtx 1050 video card have the screws, see: 

This is the correct screw:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Jonsy said:
    I just opened my Helios 300 to take a peek inside and noticed I'm missing two screws between the fans. I can't even put new ones since there's no receiving end (the thing you screw the screw in). Should I worry/rma? The screws I'm referring to are the ones in the red circle (the picture is taken from the Internet, I will provide a picture of my own if needed):

I would warranty it if anything was amiss at all. Missing screws could mean someone swapped their fans?
    - Hotel Hero
  • Ideally you should remove the fans and check for a screw-in thread! I do not know how to say "rosca" in English, I think it's thread itself, but I mean the place where the screw is fixed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jonsy

Tinkerer

edited October 2018
    @egydiocoelho. Thank you. The thing is: they're not there. There's the hole in that silver sheet and everything but no "rosca".
  • Jonsy

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    Jonsy said:

I would warranty it if anything was amiss at all. Missing screws could mean someone swapped their fans?
    Thank you. You mean I should just return it (I could still do it) or talk with the tech-support and have it checked out/replaced?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    @Jonsy Can you hit a photo for us to see? Is it possible @Red-Sand that Acer has reviewed the chassis of the notebook? Or was it really a mistake at the time of assembly when the notebook was still being manufactured?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jonsy

Tinkerer

@JonsyCan you hit a photo for us to see? Is it possible @Red-Sand that Acer has reviewed the chassis of the notebook? Or was it really a mistake at the time of assembly when the notebook was still being manufactured?
    :'( It will take me about 15-20 min, I'll report back with the picture.
  • Red-Sand
    Yeah man replace it, I would still get the model its a good laptop.
    Just missing screws is weird
    - Hotel Hero
  • Look how strange it is! There is a difference between your notebook photo and the service guide photo, see:

In the service guide, the screw is in the correct position! While in the photo sent by the colleague, there are two screws where they should not exist!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jonsy

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho Isn't that from the 1050 model though? I have the 1060.
  • I do not think I'm missing bolts! It may be that the screw thread on the gtx 1060 is slightly different! Do you agree @Red-Sand?
    However it is strange why both use the same chassis! However the motherboard, despite being from the same family, the format of it in the gtx 1060 is slightly different from the motherboard of the model 1050!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Red-Sand
    Very strange indeed
    - Hotel Hero
  • I think if the fans are well fitted and there are no problems with overheating, I would leave it as is! However you @Jonsy can send those photos to @Acer-Manny and ask if the cooling system has gone through some review!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kevink26
    Kevink26 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same by me, just noticed a missing screw on PH317-52 1060 version 😕  
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Kevink26 said:
    Same by me, just noticed a missing screw on PH317-52 1060 version 😕  
    @Kevink26   This is a 1 year old thread if you feel there might be something missing contact acer support from your own country and send it back

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/