Aspire 3 A315-31 laptop battery capacity decreased abnormally

nisankh
nisankh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
2 days back 10 th Oct when i have noticed my laptop battery capacity was 89% but today just few moment ago checked the battery status and have got that it has battery capacity of 57% ..

It decreased by 22% capacity in just 2 days

It is not a normal behavior

System log also says the same thing ::

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    When fully charged and unplugged, how long does the battery last now when used normally? If there is a battery re-set pinhole on the back of system, disconnect the charger and insert a paper clip into the pinhole for about 10 secs to reset the battery. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nisankh
    nisankh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    When fully charged and unplugged, how long does the battery last now when used normally? If there is a battery re-set pinhole on the back of system, disconnect the charger and insert a paper clip into the pinhole for about 10 secs to reset the battery. Jack E/NJ
    that's a fixed battery  . i think battery is damaged . need to replace because now after 30% battery level it shows empty battery all at sudden

Going to replace it
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Never mind what the charge level shows. The important question is how long does the battery actually last when used normally before the machine shuts off? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ