End of Service Notification

marvinh
marvinh Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I know the Acer BYOC ended on 9/30/18.  However I continue to get a notification on screen that says it is being dis-continued.  The only way to stop it (one time) is to click on the words 'got it'.  However, the notification comes back.  Is there any way to stop it from displaying the notification permanently?  Thank you.  MarvinH

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    marvinh 
    If you are still receiving end of service notifications from BYOC Apps, Acer has recommended uninstalling all abApps and the AOP framework.
    Please follow the steps in the below weblink :  
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60518

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • marvinh

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Sharanji said:
    marvinh 
    If you are still receiving end of service notifications from BYOC Apps, Acer has recommended uninstalling all abApps and the AOP framework.

Hi Sharanji,
    Thanks for your response.  Yes. I deleted AbApps and AOP framework and the notifications finally stopped.
    Thank you!  Marvin

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    marvinh 
    Please follow the steps in the below weblink :  
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60518

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • marvinh

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Sharanji said:
    marvinh 

Hi Sharanji,
    Thanks for your response.  Yes. I deleted AbApps and AOP framework and the notifications finally stopped.
    Thank you!  Marvin