black screen

tinbikeace1
tinbikeace1 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

New here, but do need some help. My Acer has a black screen on start up. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Best Answer

• tinbikeace1

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I contacted Acer support and am returning it for repair.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    (1) What is your ACER model and number. (2) Did this happen unexpectedly for no apparent reason? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tinbikeace1

Tinkerer

Aspire E15  E5-576G-5762 It happened suddenly. No reason. I opened the back, and realized there is no battery. Have had this for 9 months. Sometimes it has not wanted to start up.
  • Hi! Unplug the notebook from the electrical outlet and then find the battery reset hole and press it for five seconds! Then leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    >>> there is no battery. Have had this for 9 months>>>
    Was this a used purchased? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tinbikeace1

Tinkerer

Trying this. Thanks.
  • JackE
    @egydiocoelho There is no battery installed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    @tinbikeace1 Please answer. Is this a used machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tinbikeace1

Tinkerer

It is new.
  • JackE
    Have you never tried to run it on the battery alone without being plugged in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Is not there this battery?

Or did you say there was no battery why did you think it did not have an external battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tinbikeace1

Tinkerer

Opened other side. I guess the battery is on the opposite side, and I am not a techy. I was afraid to open that side.
  • No need to open! Just plug in the notebook without plugging it into the power adapter So you'll be sure there's a battery installed!
    Then reset the battery as I told you before!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tinbikeace1

Tinkerer

OK. Trying that.
  • tinbikeace1

Tinkerer

resetting the battery didn't work. Thanks for your help. Could it be the Bios? Well, must call it a night. Thanks again.
  • Some models have bios updates to fix the black screen! However the update of the bios should only be done in the last case! Have you checked if connecting an external monitor does the problem remain?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Yes, agree with @egydiocoelho . First try connecting your TV set to the computer with an HDMI cable from HomeDepot or Lowes in Meadville. They're less than $10 if in stock. Call them first, only need 3 to 6 foot length. Then see if you get a screen on the TV set. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tinbikeace1

Tinkerer

I connected the TV. No screen came up on the TV.
  • Is any led blinking amber?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• stha007
    stha007 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Same problem like mine. I also bought 9 months ago and have same problem. Acer is useless. I will never purchase this ACER again.
  • JackE
    >>>I connected the TV. No screen came up on the TV. >>>

Did you try to turn the TV set on with the FN+F5 or FN+F6 toggle key combination? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ