MX150 vBIOS overrided with MX130 vBIOS

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I will try to go with service, but I'm not sure if they will take this case in warranty>>>

Sure they will. Simply tell them your GPU is not be seen by Windows. No more. No less. Period.

But before you arrange for a warranty repair, you might want to try the ALT+F10 cold boot reset or refresh as shown in the video below. You have nothing to lose and will not void the warranty. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    As its model is relatively new, it is possible that Acer will still release new versions of bios! I would wait some more time until a new version of bios comes up, as long as your laptop warranty is far from over!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    True too. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Makhs
    Makhs Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello, new version Bios 2.02 From Acer for the Aspire A515-51G  but the models have 3 "diferrent" card graphics 940mx - mx150 - mx130.   What to do now? Install the new Bios 2.02 or not ?  This is crazy                                                                                                                      1. Microcode update.
    2. Update VBIOS for NV_17S_G0(V86.08.2D.00.41)、NV_17S_G2(V86.08.2D.00.42).
    3. Update Intel ME Firmware 11.8.55.3510.
    4. Add SCCM solution.
    5. Change touch pad mode from basic to advance for linux sku.                                                                                             
  • JackE
    Options
    Makhs>>>What to do now? >>>

What problem are you having now that you think a BIOS update will fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm not sure! But I think this update fixes the problem that occurred with some users who updated bios to version 1.21! This version was exclusive to models with the mx130 video card! Users who had the model with the 940mx and mx150 cards had problems when they upgraded to version 1.21! It's just a guess!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Makhs

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello, my problem is that after I upgraded to bios 1.21 it does not show me the UEFI option in bios. It has been left in LEGACY only, and it does not change, I tried many times, but nothing.
  • JackE
    Options
    You should first try to set and save a BIOS supervisor password in the Security tab. Then re-enter the BIOS menu with the password to see if you can change the mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    To the OP:

I just want to mention that the BIOS and VBIOS are located on a 2 different chips. VBIOS is totally unrelated to the BIOS. The only way to fix the VBIOS is to have a BIOS update that also contains the VBIOS for the GPU.

There is a new BIOS update for your device, as mentioned by @Makhs. I hope the software is going to recognise the GPU as MX150 instead of MX130 and install the correct VBIOS for you GPU. That is if you haven't sent the laptop to Acer yet.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• nr4400
    nr4400 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,

I updated BIOS to 2.02 but with no luck for nVidia MX150.

I guess the only option is to go to official service.

Best regards,
    nr4400
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @nr4400 After the upgrade, did you press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save on exiting?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nr4400

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    Options
    Can you please give me more information about this?
    Because after the upgrade pc was restarted automatically.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @nr4400 OK! Enter the bios by pressing f2 before the Acer logo. Then press f9 to restore the bios and f10 to save when exiting. It is recommended that you restore the bios to the factory default when updating it so that some bugs are fixed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nr4400

Tinkerer

Options
    Done that, nothing changed.
    NVidia GPU still not recognized.
  • JackE
    Options
    nr4400>>>I will try to go with service, but I'm not sure if they will take this case in warranty>>>Jack E/NJ>>>Sure they will. Simply tell them your GPU is not be seen by Windows. No more. No less. Period.>>>

It's now 5 months we've been trying to fix this. Time to arrange for warranty repair before the warranty period runs out. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Makhs

Tinkerer

Options
    nr4400 said:
    Done that, nothing changed.
    NVidia GPU still not recognized.
    Hello nr4400 , full format you have done after the problem that your graphic card does not appear ?? Please do "Full Format" before you send it in the Service. It is very possible for you to have a problem Windows after install the Bios . 
  • JackE
    Options
    nr4400l should've already tried a full ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset when it was suggested in October. This is the best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/607510/#Comment_607510  If this failed, warranty repair is the best way to go at this time before  the warranty runs out. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Makhs

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    nr4400l should've already tried a full ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset when it was suggested in October. This is the best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/607510/#Comment_607510  If this failed, warranty repair is the best way to go at this time before  the warranty runs out. Jack E/NJ

I would suggest, and I do it all a new one pc, "Full Clean Install Format" From Usb. It's the best solution for me
  • JackE
    Options
    The ALT+F10 'erase everything' factory reset is a full GPT partition re-format. If it doesn't work, there's likely a discrete graphics chip failure on the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Makhs

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    The ALT+F10 'erase everything' factory reset is a full GPT partition re-format. If it doesn't work, there's likely a discrete graphics chip failure on the mainboard. Jack E/NJ
    Delete All the partitions this? I have the impression, no. I delete everything. So I am absolutely sure about the clean installation. Yours sincerely