HDMI Port in Aspire E14 not working

JoCHUA
JoCHUA Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2022 in Aspire Laptops
I found a HDMI port in the Aspire E14 notebook.  But when I tried connecting it to the projector, it cannot be detected ...  can someone advise? Thank you!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018
    JoCHUA 
    A broken HDMI cable can cause the problem. Try to use another cable, and see if the issue persists.
    Incorrect display output settings could be preventing your projector from detecting your connected computer. 
    If there’s no problem with the HDMI port and the cable, you can try the below mentioned steps : 
    Right-click your desktop and click Personalize.  Click Display. Check if you’re able to see the TV as a second monitor.
    If you can’t see your TV on the screen, follow steps below:
    On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key  and P at the same time. Click Duplicate. If Duplicate doesn’t work, try switching to Extend.
    After that, check to see if Windows can detect your Projector.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Raye_Francis
    Raye_Francis Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue, HDMI port now working. The HDMI cable is okay as i connected another laptop using the same cable.
    when i pressed the windowskey+P, the error message is "Your PC cant project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card."
    The sticker on my Acer laptop is NVDIA GEFORCE 940MX
    Please help. i need to use the projector for school. Many Thanks

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Have you tried your monitor and cable to another computer ?
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    The other things would be to un-install and re-install any drivers associated with HDMI. Look at your device manager. Is no success then buy a USB to HDMI adapter. A member lately was successful with the adapter. Look for a recent post for details.

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ JoCHUA
     Press "Fn-F5" on the Acer's keyboard to activate the video port and send the image from the computer to the external display
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    @Raye_Francis which Acer laptop model do you have? You shouldn't have to do anything to enable the HDMI port, other than telling Windows to extend or duplicate the screen.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.