Acer E700 (E39) - "semi-soft' navigation keys stop working: Is this a common problem?

ttellocragde
ttellocragde Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
 :'( 

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I would also like to know if this is a common problem with this phone
    so far we have not heard of this issue in community. So, im guessing it may not be common issue. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
     :'( 
    You can check for hard reset pinhole. in most of the devices this would be available after you open the back case. You can try using a paper clip insert the pin hole and hold it for 5-10 sec. ( Doing this would not erase the data )

If the device does not have pin hole. then try resetting the device ( doing this would erase the data ).

to reset the device Go to settings > click on back and reset > click on factory data reset and reset. 

If you do not want to reset the device you can download navigation " Simple control navigation bar " app. This can be used as the semi-soft navigation buttons
  • ttellocragde

Tinkerer

Thank you I will try the hard reset. I have done many software resets, but no go. I am using a downloaded soft navigation bar, but it is a pain as it is alway in the way.
  • ttellocragde

Tinkerer

• Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    so far we have not heard of this issue in community. So, im guessing it may not be common issue.