Can I overclock my GPU on acer predator Helios 300 8th generation

GamingCinemaInc
GamingCinemaInc Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was wondering if i could oc my graphics card with the predator sense overclocking safely?

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @GamingCinemaInc ,

Adding any overclock you will always have some risks. Most cpus will be fine with a small overclock, but there is always a small chance they won't be, thats why many sites say overclock at your own risk because they don't want to be responsible for your broken cpu. A better cooler will keep your temps low, but if you put too much voltage through the chip, there is still a chance you will fry something. If you do plan to overclock, just make sure you keep an eye on your temps and don't go crazy and you should be fine, but just know there are still risks or frying something, they may not be very common risks, but they do happen.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • GamingCinemaInc
    GamingCinemaInc Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    christy1 said:
    Hi @GamingCinemaInc ,

Adding any overclock you will always have some risks. Most cpus will be fine with a small overclock, but there is always a small chance they won't be, thats why many sites say overclock at your own risk because they don't want to be responsible for your broken cpu. A better cooler will keep your temps low, but if you put too much voltage through the chip, there is still a chance you will fry something. If you do plan to overclock, just make sure you keep an eye on your temps and don't go crazy and you should be fine, but just know there are still risks or frying something, they may not be very common risks, but they do happen.
    do you think if i put it on turbo then undervolted my cpu it would be a safer way or undervolt and faster?
  • Arindrajit30Sen
    Arindrajit30Sen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is overclocking and undervolting at the same time safe for acer predator helios 300.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Overclocking is completely safe as well us undervolting and both at the same time.

The CPU on this device can't overclocked. Usually Intel CPUs that end with a K at the end are overclockable.

Overclocking can't damage the CPU, because if the temperature gets close to 97-100C, it will automatically throttle itself down to prevent further raise of the temperature. It is very hard or even impossible to kill a CPU by simply overclocking these days. As @christy1 mentioned there is always some chance to kill the CPU if you increase the voltage way too much.

The Turbo present of predator sense for Helios 300 overclocks the GPU only, as far as I remember. Just make sure the average CPU and GPU temperature doesn't go higher than 85C and 83C on average, respectively.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!