ACER Nitro 5 15.6" AMD Ryzen 5 - Games only play after a restart

Options
Bloomonday
Bloomonday Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I have the following:  ACER Nitro 5 15.6" AMD Ryzen 5 RX 560 - 1TB - I've sadly not had much luck with this having to have the first one replaced by the retailer. 

The issue with my replacement is that games will not work correctly when booted up from the power being off, sound is crackly, poor/jittery graphics and low fps. However, if I do a restart, everything works fine.

I've noticed a few issues with in laptop on this forum but I'm wondering if there's a quick fix that I can do? I've updated all my sound and graphics drivers and windows is up to date too.

Any help much appreciate!

Bloo

Answers

• Sharcan11
    Sharcan11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello,
    I have the sames issues than you. I always have to restart my laptop ( ACER Nitro 5 15.6" AMD Ryzen 5 RX 560 - 1TB).
    Have you find a solution ?

• Pharkin
    Pharkin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Update bios from acer drivers
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Pharkin said:
    Update bios from acer drivers

Agreed, verify you are on the latest BIOS.  - https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

I have actually had this problem before on an old BIOS. I am on a different, Intel powered Nitro 5 so it stands to reason this problem exists across multiple models. Report back if this doesn't help you.

• AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    The latest BIOS (1.11) has a bug that affects the back light for the keyboard. It turns the light off after inactivity like on battery power, but persists even when the power cable is plugged in.

I would suggest that it's a GPU driver issue, it may be running on the APU rather than the discrete card. I would try upgrading/reinstalling your GPU drivers. If you uninstall them, there is apparently a particular order that you have to install them in again to get it to function correctly
  • RegosGabor
    RegosGabor Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I had the same issue, then I updated the BIOS to the newest version. Now everything works perfectly on the device.