I deleted accidentally the mbr trying reinstalling Windows 10

Morriscet
Morriscet Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Hello to you all, I have an Acer Iconia w3-810, only has 32gb of internal memory. Originally came with Windows 8.1, after a while I upgrade to Windows 10, so after 2 years of being working with it properly I decided to clean it up cuz of some bugs in the system so I ran a clean setup of Windows 10 again, but in the window where is set partitions I deleted the biggest one thinking I would clean it properly but installation didn't let me create a new partition neither I had a restore DVDs or any backup as such and Windows didn't let me forward the step ahead so at the end I bricked my tablet cuz I don't have any way to fix the mbr, should I try with Windows 8 repair system or anything else? appreciate your soon answer cuz this tablet i use it for working a lot. Thanks

Answers

• In this case did you delete a partition called "Acer"? If yes, then you deleted the partition that contained the operating system!
    You can try pressing this button to restore your tablet:

However it probably will not work if you deleted the recovery partition from the tablet!
    If it does not work, maybe the problem will be solved by downloading an iso from the microsoft site and writing the operating system to the pendrive!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Morriscet said:
    Hello to you all, I have an Acer Iconia w3-810, only has 32gb of internal memory. Originally came with Windows 8.1, after a while I upgrade to Windows 10, so after 2 years of being working with it properly I decided to clean it up cuz of some bugs in the system so I ran a clean setup of Windows 10 again, but in the window where is set partitions I deleted the biggest one thinking I would clean it properly but installation didn't let me create a new partition neither I had a restore DVDs or any backup as such and Windows didn't let me forward the step ahead so at the end I bricked my tablet cuz I don't have any way to fix the mbr, should I try with Windows 8 repair system or anything else? appreciate your soon answer cuz this tablet i use it for working a lot. Thanks
    you may create media creation tool and utilize it to re-install OS.

Link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48158
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Note that you might have to boot into a command prompt from the install media and then use diskpart to remove any old partitions that are hanging around before you reinstall the OS. That'll save you from wasting any space.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.