Crackling static noise when ED347CKR monitor warms up

Options
camper74
camper74 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I have a brand new ED347CKR. When I wake up the computer from sleep, after about 3 minutes, the monitor starts with a low static noise that gradually gets louder and then very loud. It finally starts to get slower until it fades away about 30-60 seconds later.  It only does it on first warm up. 
Also, I have found that if I minimize my web browser while it is happening, it goes away, but immediately comes back when the browser is maximized again.
I have been through the reset process with Acer support, but it did not help.
Any suggestions?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    @camper74

Since, the issue that you mentioned it relates to monitor. Try the below steps

> unplug all the cables connected ( including power cable)
    > Press and hold the power button on your monitor for 30-40 sec
    > Re-connect the cables and power on the device
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • camper74
    Options
    Thanks Rudy for the reply. I tried it but it did not work. Strange thing is it does not do it with the Displayport but only the HDMI. I have already started the return process. Hopefully the replacement will work properly.
  • TonyRyan
    TonyRyan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Camper74,

I have a very similar issue with my ED347CKR.

We bought two of these for our home office in June of 2018, and only mine developed the issue (after a few months of use); though the other monitor is connected via displayport. So I agree it would seem that something with the HDMI connection or circuitry is perhaps the issue???

Mine seems to make the really loud crackling noise at completely random times throughout the day.  Initially, it did seem that it was maybe being triggered when I had 10+ tabs open in a Chrome window.  But in the last month or so it's happening more and more and seemingly just randomly now.  It's a pity I like the monitor, but this noise just makes the situation totally unworkable.

As I said it is connected via HDMI... and I've replaced the that cable with a new gold plated super good quality cable, and it made no difference. I also added some ferrite choke rings to the HDMI cable though again it made no difference. 

Was getting the return authorization difficult?  If you connected via HDMI again, did the replacement monitor fix the issue?

Thanks for any help or comments you can provide.  This thing is driving me crazy.
  • matshenricson
    matshenricson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem with my ED347CKR, same symptoms as camper74. HDMI.
  • camper74
    Options
    Well, I did end up returning the monitor from NewEgg where I had bought it. I got the exact same monitor again, but even the new one does the same thing. I ended up turning the onboard monitor speakers all the way down. I don't use them anyway since I have external speakers.  So the noise probably still happens, but I never hear it.
    Now I have a random problem where the screen will become distorted and turn purple. Unplugging and replugging it fixes it and it does not happen very often.  But I definitely think there is an issue with this monitor model.