Acer Nitro VN7-592G battery not working, only when plugged in (after dismantling)

Options
Dundy
Dundy Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
I have opened up my Acer VN7-592G notebook and replaced my SSHD. 

When I put it back together it would not turn on unless I plug it in. When it's off and plugged in, the usual orange led is not lit (indicating charging) only a blue light comes on showing it's plugged in.
  • Windows 10 shows 'Fully charged (100%)'.
  • I have done the 4-5 second battery reset pin trick, leaving it off power for 5 mins after. Didn't solve it.
  • I have tightened all the screws paying special attention to the one near where the battery reset pin is and where the you plug it in - I saw that tightening screws helped others facing the same issue.
Before I took it apart for the purpose of replacing the SSHD, the battery worked completely fine. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Did you ever disconnect or unscrew the battery? Or just disconnected the hd to replace it?

It is also possible that the interlock button is not pressed properly! It's a button like these:

So I recommend that you look for this button that is usually next to ram! There should be a boss in the lower case or the bottom of the keyboard to press this button!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dundy
    Options
    Did you ever disconnect or unscrew the battery? Or just disconnected the hd to replace it?

It is also possible that the interlock button is not pressed properly! It's a button like these:

So I recommend that you look for this button that is usually next to ram! There should be a boss in the lower case or the bottom of the keyboard to press this button!
    Thanks for the quick reply. 

1. I did not disconnect or unscrew the battery, I made a point of not touching anything other than just replacing the HDD.

2. About the interlock battery: I took the following photo of my notebook's inside earlier. Are you referring to the button right next to the HDD circled in red? I believe the RAM is beneath the motherboard (could be wrong, just heard it in a youtube video) and I definitely didn't remove the motherboard:

When putting it back together, I did try to press everything nicely till I heard the clicking sounds, all the screws are tightened. Not sure, hope you or one of the other experts will know of a trick that will help resolve this. :)

Thank you once again!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you hit a photo better and closer to that button? There should be a small ledge below the keyboard to press this button properly!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Looks like this is the interlock button! Make sure the keyboard is not misaligned at the time of assembly and is properly seated! If the problem still persists, make sure that placing some layers of electrical tape in the compartment covering this button solves the problem! Make sure that disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again also solves the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    I also think it's the switch, make sure the HDD is tucked in properly and not sticking out, also check the contact pad on the keyboard assembly in corresponding position is not damaged, try placing a layer of electrical tape on the pad that pushes the switch in when you put the keyboard assembly back.
  • Dundy
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks guys, it's working!

I took it apart to take a close(r)-up of the button and as I took it apart, I pressed it and I saw that it turns on fine while it's pressed. I also checked its 'counterpart' (the surface the button is getting pushed by -  see the photo below) and ensured everything lines up and clicks nicely as I close it. Tightened the screws and it works.

Thanks for the quick help guys, really appreciate it!  :) 

And here are the close-ups of the switch and its counterpart on the other side (backside of keyboard) just in case anyone may need it in the future:

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Glad you got it sorted, nice work and thanks for providing those pictures :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited October 2018
    Options
    A simple solution to a boring problem! Glad you could solve my friend :) ! Can I use your photo to help other users?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dundy
    edited October 2018
    Options
    A simple solution to a boring problem! Glad you could solve my friend :) ! Can I use your photo to help other users?
    Please go ahead by all means. That's why I took the photos and shared it to save time for others who may come across this thread.

Ps: As a photographer I can tell you, it's so unusual in such a situations for people to ask for permission to use photos. It was a pleasant surprise. :+1:
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Thank you my friend!  :)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Actually I asked for your photo because, every notebook model has a different interlock button model! In the photo I put the model name so that when a user appears with the same problem and same model, I can already indicate it where the button is! Thank you and sorry for my English!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dundy
    Options
    Most welcome and your English is good even if you're using Google Translator.  :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Thank you my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• yassboul
    yassboul Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    hello guys, could someone help to get my acer nitro VN7-592G  up raining again, my issue is 
    1. charger pluged in orand led is on
    2. after 2 to 3 minutes blue led turs on, i can hear a click and nothing happen
    3. when i try to push power on button nothing happen
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @yassboul You have already checked out my previous tips? Ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dundy
    edited May 2020
    Options
    yassboul said:
    hello guys, could someone help to get my acer nitro VN7-592G  up raining again, my issue is 
    1. charger pluged in orand led is on
    2. after 2 to 3 minutes blue led turs on, i can hear a click and nothing happen
    3. when i try to push power on button nothing happen
    Hi,

Well, for me it would turn on if the charger was plugged in and my issue was that it wouldn’t boot up on battery only.

Scroll up and ready through and see if it helps.
  • digitalgenius
    digitalgenius Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have a bad driver update now my battery wont charge. what can I do?