Acer Aspire 780. W10 Update 1803 pretty sure broke it; had to buy $45 factory restore usb...

SjMO
SjMO Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
..from Acer.   Worked and it lived again.  Spent day resetting almost all apps etc as before (purch july 17).  At the end of the day it did an update auto (yes...will change to NO AUTO UPDATE).  Friday morning, I had to print a pdf.  Loaded Adobe since I didn't have yet...and then.. printer wasn't showing; though I was sure I did Thursday.  After setting up again pop-up said 'Need to restart to complete'; that was..new.  I ignored but the printer wouldn't show... so the button hit and restart begun...CRASH!!!! F'n Bill Gates! 
What do you think is happening?  What to do to stop it from doing again.  I rebooted without any of the work saved from yesterday.  It's on and sitting here waiting for approaches to be applied....UGH!

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @SjMO,

Looks like its the issue in printer drivers. Try to reinstall the win, update the unit and then uninstall the unwanted pre loaded apps. Mostly the antivirus on the unit will create the prob when you install the new drivers from the 3rd party. so if you have McAfee, uninstall it and then load the printer app. Hopefully it should work. good luck.  
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • SjMO
    SjMO Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

christy1 said:
    Hi @SjMO,

Looks like its the issue in printer drivers. Try to reinstall the win, update the unit and then uninstall the unwanted pre loaded apps. Mostly the antivirus on the unit will create the prob when you install the new drivers from the 3rd party. so if you have McAfee, uninstall it and then load the printer app. Hopefully it should work. good luck.  

McAfee dele one of the 1st things I do...since the last time; I was on w10 1511.  Updated...crashed.  Dunno if it's just time to get a new hard drive
    Before it was Adobe & Printer was installed right before... seems like various things... this is not cool Acer
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    SjMO said:

McAfee dele one of the 1st things I do...since the last time; I was on w10 1511.  Updated...crashed.  Dunno if it's just time to get a new hard drive
    Before it was Adobe & Printer was installed right before... seems like various things... this is not cool Acer
    Hi Sjmo,

So your saying that before the printer drivers were installed your unit crashed? try to install the OS with the RCD again and update the updates manually like 15 or 20 updates at a time. once the update is done then you can try to install the other apps. am sure its going to take your week end fun but if you want to explore few things then try the option.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)