My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 Bios is not updating automatically?

kaushikSK
kaushikSK Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop Bios is not automatically updating.My current version is V1.13 but the latest version is V1.19.Should i update the bios manually or wait till the bios update comes automatically.Anyone who got the bios update,help me with this.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    What is the reason you want to update the bios? If you try to upgrade the bios and in the middle of the process lack power, your notebook will turn into a brick! In addition there are some updates that can block some existing functions! I do not recommend that you do an update automatically! It is preferable to manually download the file and then have it run!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Interstellar_Pi
    Interstellar_Pi Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited April 2019
    Yeah so apparently 1.19 is the update to fix spectre, so is there a way to update it manually?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Yeah so apparently 1.19 is the update to fix spectre, so is there a way to update it manually?
    Acer Bios updates ar not like Windows updates they DO NOT automatically download and update, you HAVE to do it manually. Download update from website save to your desktop or downloads, double click file and then double click the .exe file, follow the prompts and it will automatically install

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★