Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Helios 300 PH315-51 - Backlight bleeding

CuspideCuspide Posts: 2Member New User
edited September 13 in Predator Laptops
Just got an Helios 300 (PH315-51) and noticed some backlight bleed after doing the test:

Is this acceptable/normal bleeding or should I rma? I can't notice anything during normal usage and picture aside, even in a dark room I can only spot the glow on the upper part.

Best Answers

• KamalikaKamalika Posts: 423
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Cuspide,
                   I dont think there is anything to worry about this. This will usually only cause problems if the backlight bleeding can be easily detected by the human eye during normal usage.

If I answered your question, please mark my post "accept" to make it easier for others to find the answer!
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,624 Community Aficionado
    Accepted Answer
    Cuspide said:
    Just got an Helios 300 (PH315-51) and noticed some backlight bleed after doing the test:

Is this acceptable/normal bleeding or should I rma? I can't notice anything during normal usage and picture aside, even in a dark room I can only spot the glow on the upper part.
    Don't bother... that's normal.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437

FAQ & Answers

• KamalikaKamalika Posts: 423Ally
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Cuspide,
                   I dont think there is anything to worry about this. This will usually only cause problems if the backlight bleeding can be easily detected by the human eye during normal usage.

If I answered your question, please mark my post "accept" to make it easier for others to find the answer!
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,624Member Community Aficionado
    Accepted Answer
    Cuspide said:

Don't bother... that's normal.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437

• CuspideCuspide Posts: 2Member New User
    More pics:

• peezy253peezy253 Posts: 9Member New User
    mine is brand new got it 5 days ago and my screen is similar to this. i think it is normal to have it on this computer and it doesnt affect in terms of game or normal use. i think its common for ips panels as well
  • belikbelik Posts: 105Member Skilled Fixer
    For Acer yes this is acceptable and not smth unusual, my helios 2019 has the same or even worse. You can also try to remove bezel and fix it.

• TimoFaustTimoFaust Posts: 43Member Devotee
    Got a Helios 700 for 3.3K € and my backlight bleed is much worse. Acer -and most of the other big laptop sellers- have terrible quality control when it comes to screens. It is always lottery. Yours is totally acceptable. You will play the screen lottery anyways if you RMA.
  • belikbelik Posts: 105Member Skilled Fixer
    edited September 13
    Well from all reviews I saw and seeing various forum posts I came to a conclusion that lenovo Y540 has much much less problems with it, so I think that it is Acer is one of the worst.
    Btw @TimoFaust can you please provide a little guide how to remove the bezel and then install it back? I’m going to do the same with my little  1500 euro helios 300) don I need a special tool? How to not break any latches etc. The main question is how to remove it without any traces.

• TimoFaustTimoFaust Posts: 43Member Devotee
    belik said:
    Well from all reviews I saw and seeing various forum posts I came to a conclusion that lenovo Y540 has much much less problems with it, so I think that it is Acer is one of the worst.
    Btw @TimoFaust can you please provide a little guide how to remove the bezel and then install it back? I’m going to do the same with my little  1500 euro helios 300) don I need a special tool? How to not break any latches etc. The main question is how to remove it without any traces.

Hey Belik,

there are some real insightful Youtube videos about that. Can recommend watching those, as they explain it very easily and also show what to do.
    Basically all you do is (carefully) drag the bezel towards you to unlock the plastic clips holding it in space, then you check the screws and loosen them just slightly where BLB occurs. (if you pull them out to far, they will push against your bezel from the inside when you reapply it with gentle pressure)

Did not fix my BLB completely, but it went from really really bad to very bad for that price ;)