Upgrading Parts for Orion 9000

xeoninc21
xeoninc21 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Hi, got my Predator Orion 9000 recently and I'm already planning to upgrade since it has so much compartments for maxing out the specs so why not fully utilize this beautiful chassis. :)

Question is, does opening the side panels cause warranty to be voided? And does changing of Ram, GPU, adding additional SSD and HHD also void the warranty?

Under what condition/circumstances will my warranty be voided? Thanks.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    None of those will void your warranty. Physical damage to the motherboard would, running it after disconnecting fans might. Basically you have to be the reason it failed.

Realize of course that I'm not an Acer employee, so can't be the final word, but I expect I'm correct.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    None of those will void your warranty. Physical damage to the motherboard would, running it after disconnecting fans might. Basically you have to be the reason it failed.

Realize of course that I'm not an Acer employee, so can't be the final word, but I expect I'm correct.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xeoninc21
    xeoninc21 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Billsey for the information, though I would still prefers someone from Acer might be able to clarify this.

As I have called my local Acer tech support asking them for possible upgrading and the reply was kind of amateurish, asking me tons of questions regarding why I need the upgrading for etc... as if I do not know what I am asking for. I use this rig as both gaming and workstation.

Orion 9000 was advertised as a gaming rig that has large expansion space for upgrading, yet I was told off by the tech staff that nothing inside can be change or upgraded, not even adding more storage space which is very ridiculous given the chassis is able to store in 4 SSDs and 2 HHDs. Staff has the audacity to tell me 512gb SSD, 2tb HHD is big enough and there is no need for more. -_-

As much as I love my Orion 9000 and Acer products are good, the customer care service need to be improve. Sorry to say, if I knew Acer is so restrictive on the customizing addons options for their Gaming PC I would not have gone for them.

My Specs
    Orion PO9-600
    i7-8700k
    GTX 1080
    32GB Ram