How do I get rid of the End of Service Notification for Acer Portal?

Options
ruudboy66
ruudboy66 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
I have uninstalled all the abApps but I'm still getting it.  Should I uninstall "Acer UEIP Framework"?

Best Answer

Answers

• ruudboy66
    ruudboy66 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I have uninstalled all the abApps but still getting it. Should I uninstall Acer UEIP Framework?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Send a private message to @Acer-Manny to find out how to proceed! This is happening due to the termination of support for the Acer BYOC applications!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi ruudboy66,

Sorry to hear this, can you give us more details?

Are you getting this notifications via email?
    If you do, please let us know so we can escalate to the appropriate department to have you removed from the emailing list. 

Are you getting this through Acer Care Center app?
    Please send me a PM with your email address and unit serial number for follow up.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Acer has stopped providing all technical support for Acer BYOC Apps (abApps) as of September 30, 2018. Files from other abApps will still be able to be found in their original devices without being affected.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • RussFranklin
    RussFranklin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    The question has already been asked and I don't understand why the technical people within ACER do not understand. Acer have stopped supporting the Acer BYOC Apps (abApps), which I have never used and the annoying 'End of Service Notification for Acer Portal' keeps appearing at start up. This NOT sent via email, it APPEARS ON THE DESKTOP at start up. I press the link that states 'I've got It' and it goes away, only to REAPPEAR at the NEXT START UP. It is annoying that this notification is embedded into my laptop by ACER. I want you to give me the answer to this immediately. I am also annoyed that I have had to register an account with ACER to be able to get help. There should be a system wherebye problems can be sorted by Acer (during the equipments warramty period), without having to register an account. I have much better things to do with my personal and business life than to register accounts for one time only useage. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi RussFranklin,

I'm sorry to hear this, If you are still receiving end of service notifications from BYOC Apps, you have to uninstall all abApps and the AOP framework.

Please follow the steps :  
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60518 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
This discussion has been closed.