Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Why my acer nitro 5 (AN515-42, Radeon RX 560X) 8gb ram but its just 6.9gb ram usable?

kaihian990kaihian990 Posts: 2Member New User
how to fix it? 

Best Answer

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 35,728 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    This can only be "fixed" in the bios! But not all bios allow you to change the pre-allocated memory of the video card, because there is a risk of the notebook turning a brick! Can you take a picture of this setting?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

FAQ & Answers

• Why a part of ram memory goes to the video card! Here's how many gb ram your video card is using:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • blazerx46blazerx46 Posts: 13Member

Tinkerer

It is reserved for integrated graphics.
  • kaihian990kaihian990 Posts: 2Member New User
    then how to fix it?

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 35,728ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    This can only be "fixed" in the bios! But not all bios allow you to change the pre-allocated memory of the video card, because there is a risk of the notebook turning a brick! Can you take a picture of this setting?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tuxutkutuxutku Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

Hi, my Acer Aspire 5 A515-41G-T48Q
    As you can see here my BİOS (latest version v1.09) suddenly started to give my igpu 1024mb of ram!
    [email protected]:~$ glxinfo -B

[email protected]:~$ dmesg | grep -i memory:

[email protected]:~$ free

i am coming from https://askubuntu.com/questions/1092593/ubuntu-18-04-not-detecting-full-ram-size can you help me?

• This topic is already a little old @tuxutku! Ideally, you create a new topic by posting the exact model of your notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer