Predator helios 300 battery problems

Lort
Lort Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an issue with my predator helios 300 i didnt open it for like 2~3 weeks battery was like 96% when i opened it today its 67% and that is totally fine ofc but 3 mins later it powered off and couldn't start up ahain cause of battery so i plugged the ac adapter waited then opened it it was 1% its okay i thought 67% that was shown before was a bug so i let the laptop charge over 5 hours i was away when i came it was 100% so i plugged off the ac adapter while installing update on geforce experience it took like 10 mins i found the battery 87% i was confused then just 1 minute or 2 minutes later its 83% so i think the battery is damaged is that right and how i can fix that?  

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could try the following and see whether it helps.
    1. Carry out a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while before starting.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
    2. Go to Device manager, expand Batteries, highlight and right click "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery", click Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    3. You could also try a manual calibration of the battery, the instructions are in the middle of this link:https://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/
    You don't need to do all of them at once, try one method and check whether it makes any difference, if not carry on with other methods.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    It's a part of Acer's recommended battery calibration when you first purchase your laptop to charge up your laptop to 100% then let it drain to 20% then charge back to 100% and let it drain - A total of 3 full discharges.

Did you perform this calibration?
    - Hotel Hero
  • Bhoopesh
    Bhoopesh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Lort said:
    I have an issue with my predator helios 300 i didnt open it for like 2~3 weeks battery was like 96% when i opened it today its 67% and that is totally fine ofc but 3 mins later it powered off and couldn't start up ahain cause of battery so i plugged the ac adapter waited then opened it it was 1% its okay i thought 67% that was shown before was a bug so i let the laptop charge over 5 hours i was away when i came it was 100% so i plugged off the ac adapter while installing update on geforce experience it took like 10 mins i found the battery 87% i was confused then just 1 minute or 2 minutes later its 83% so i think the battery is damaged is that right and how i can fix that?  
    Hey! Does resetting the battery worked?