My Aspire 7 makes a constant noise when plugged in and couses Wifi diconnections.

Options
R3DPanda
R3DPanda Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a new A715-72G-704Q and it makes a quiet but very audible noise when plugged in. Plugging in/out sometimes couses my internet to stop working for about 5s and it also makes the same noise but quietrer when moving my usb mouse(touchpad is fine). The noise is comming from the laptop and not from the power brick. Can someone tell me where the problem is, should I be worried and how can I fix it.

I recorded it with my phone:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys9v16tr10n3zaq/Laptop Noise.m4a?dl=0

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>I am also in an apartment.>>>

I think this might be the problem. Washers, driers, fridges and who knows what else is running. Sounds like very noisy mains. Probably varies with the time of day. You might also need an AC line filter. Good ones aren't too expensive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are you using the notebook in an electrical outlet that has a grounding?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • R3DPanda
    Options
    Are you using the notebook in an electrical outlet that has a grounding?
    Yes and I just tried pluging it directly to the wall and the noise is still there.
  • JackE
    Options
    Try it in another wall receptacle in another room or better yet another house. You probably have some kind of an appliance-caused interference on the AC circuit you're using. Possibly a fridge, etc. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Is this noise also on the battery? For like @JackE, there may be a problem with the electrical outlet (not as it is called in your country) or some device is causing some interference!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • R3DPanda
    Options
    JackE said:
    Try it in another wall receptacle in another room or better yet another house. You probably have some kind of an appliance-caused interference on the AC circuit you're using. Possibly a fridge, etc. Jack E/NJ
    Ok ill try different room, cant try house write now. But is this interference harmfull to my laptop?
  • JackE
    Options
    Probably not. Just annoying. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does this noise also occur when the notebook is connected only to the battery? For like @JackE, there may be a problem with the electrical outlet (not as it is called in your country) or some device is causing some interference!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• R3DPanda
    Options
    Is this noise also on the battery? For like @JackE, there may be a problem with the electrical outlet (not as it is called in your country) or some device is causing some interference!
    I have never opened this laptop yet since its like 3 weeks old. The noise is comming from the main part of the laptop(bottom), cant tell where exactly (Definitelly not from the charger). I am in Austria so we have standard EU outlets. I am also in an apartment.
  • R3DPanda
    Options
    Does this noise also occur when the notebook is connected only to the battery? For like @JackE, there may be a problem with the electrical outlet (not as it is called in your country) or some device is causing some interference!
    No, everything is perfectly silent when its running on battery.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I guess I did not explain it right! What I want to know is if the problem persists when you use the notebook only on the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Options

I think this might be the problem. Washers, driers, fridges and who knows what else is running. Sounds like very noisy mains. Probably varies with the time of day. You might also need an AC line filter. Good ones aren't too expensive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• R3DPanda
    Options
    JackE said:

I think this might be the problem. Washers, driers, fridges and who knows what else is running. Sounds like very noisy mains. Probably varies with the time of day. Jack E/NJ
    Ok ill watch to see if the noise varies with the time of the day. If it does its deffinitely an appliance-caused interference.
  • R3DPanda
    Options
    I guess I did not explain it right! What I want to know is if the problem persists when you use the notebook only on the battery?
    I said No, only when its plugged in.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It would be nice to also test with another identical power adapter or with some power adapter that has similar settings and check if the problem remains!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer