HELIOS 300 became slow after windows update - predator sense don't open

Options
vinicius199922
vinicius199922 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought a HELIOS 300 30 days ago. He used to take 20 to 30 seconds to boot on windows. Now, I suppose, after a windows update it takes almost 5 minutes. Anyone have a fix? I'll try to fix it today, but I don't have time for trying lots of stuff, cause I work with my pc. So I'll send it back to acer if I don't get a faster fix. Sadly, cause it was a great machine, when it was working.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    First do a disk cleanup to delete the files from the updates that are written to the notebook:

Then disable some unnecessary services and some startup programs and restart:

This is no problem on the notebook, so I do not think it is necessary to send it to Acer!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    It's the new windows update. If you have the option in Windows settings > updates & security > recovery > rollback... then I would do it. (Back to 1703)
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hello @Red-Sand! When you said "new windows update", did you refer to version 1809 (from October) or 1803?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    Olá @egydiocoelho ! Ainda não recebi o Windows Update 1809! De qualquer forma, desde que o problema veio da atualização do Windows, acho que a reversão pode ser uma boa opção até que algo esteja estável!
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I agree! And congratulations on entering the top 10 :):)
    Do you speak Portuguese or use google translator?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Red-Sand
    Options
    I agree! And congratulations on entering the top 10 :):)
    Do you speak Portuguese or use google translator?

Translator 😊
    - Hotel Hero
  • vinicius199922
    vinicius199922 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    First do a disk cleanup to delete the files from the updates that are written to the notebook:

This is no problem on the notebook, so I do not think it is necessary to send it to Acer!

Oi, eu já fiz esses procedimentos, atualizei todos os drivers, fiz limpeza e otimização de disco, desabilitei quase todos os programas de incialização. Continua muitíssimo lento. O que me preocupou mesmo, é que a tela inicial com "PREDATOR" ta muito enrolada. A atualização do windows pode deixar lerda até a tela de entra do pc? A atualização é a 1803.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you use a ssd or hd? Did you update bios before presenting the problem? Did you check if the disk is at 100% in the task manager?
    It is possible that a windows update caused this problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer