How do I find reinstall keyboard drivers in Windows 10 - Aspire R3-131T-C1EW

rachelevs90
rachelevs90 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Aspire Laptops
My laptop keyboard is no longer working, the system check says there's something wrong with the keyboard but the troubleshooter can't solve it.  How do I access the driver files themselves to uninstall them so I can then reinstall from the acer website? 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please post the model of your laptop, in the meantime go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, click Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the Driver.
  • rachelevs90
    rachelevs90 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hi, Sorry it's been such a long time since my original query, I've been using a bluetooth keyboard to get around it til I had proper time to look at it again.
    The model is Aspire R-11, R3-131T-C1EW.

I've tried your above and it only had an 'uninstall device' option, rather than driver. It did have 'update driver' option which I did and it says it has the most current driver.  I did the 'uninstall device' option and rebooted but it's still saying all the same things.

Under the general tab for the keyboard details is says "this device cannot start (Code 10). {device timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired".   Does that give any clues?

I'm installing the March Windows 10 update to see if that makes any difference as well - we'll see what happens!
  • BlackAce13
    BlackAce13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    What do I do when I uninstalled the driver and restarted the pc without it reinstalling?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    When you uninstall a driver and then reboot Windows usually reinstalls it for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.