ACER VX15 not recognizing the wifi connection in a coffee shop ?

itstrevsfault
itstrevsfault Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
is any one here experiencing the same ? my vx15 cant recieve wifi connection even tho im connected to the wifi but it says no internet connection, but the cafe has net connection and i can use it on m phone my gf laptop is also connected to the net ?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This may be happening for several reasons! Are you trying to connect there is a 2.4ghz or 5ghz bandwidth?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi @itstrevsfault,

As said there can be several reasons. Firewall settings,antivirus settings, sometimes the shop itself have limitation of connections (eg- it can connect upto 20 connections at a time) so if your 21st connection then it cannot have internet. manymore like this. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This may be happening for several reasons! Are you trying to connect there is a 2.4ghz or 5ghz bandwidth?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • christy1
    Answer ✓
    Hi @itstrevsfault,

As said there can be several reasons. Firewall settings,antivirus settings, sometimes the shop itself have limitation of connections (eg- it can connect upto 20 connections at a time) so if your 21st connection then it cannot have internet. manymore like this. 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Sometimes coffee shops will have a login page that must be accessed to login into their service prior to usage.

After connected try visiting:
    Http://www.abc.com

The unsecured connection (http opposed to https) will reroute you to the login page if there is one available.
    - Hotel Hero
  • itstrevsfault

Tinkerer

@christy1
    maybe firewall hassomething to do with it becuase i tried to kinda "tweak" it before played with firewall settings and somehow manage to connect  it to the wifi but then after i clicked on something , once again i lost it... thankyou for the help :) appreciate it :)
  • itstrevsfault

Tinkerer

hi @egydiocoelho
    in regards to 2.4ghz or 5ghz bandwidth?, thats im not sure of....

but everyone is connected aside from me :( 
  • So it is possible that there is some misconfiguration on the wifi card! Check these settings and leave it in auto:
    In this configuration, shown in the device manager, put in auto:

In ipv4 or ipv6, leave everything in the car:
    In proxy leave in auto:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• christy1
    @christy1
    maybe firewall hassomething to do with it becuase i tried to kinda "tweak" it before played with firewall settings and somehow manage to connect  it to the wifi but then after i clicked on something , once again i lost it... thankyou for the help :) appreciate it :)

So is it working now?