XB271HU Windows 7 "disables" physical monitor buttons

shoobre24680
shoobre24680 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hi there,
why does Windows 7 disable the buttons? They work fine until the OS is booted. It´s annoying to be unable to access the monitor settings, I can´t even turn it off!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    What kind of cable are you using? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• shoobre24680
    edited October 2018
    JackE said:
    What kind of cable are you using? Jack E/NJ
    I use the DP-cable from the package. Same problem occured when I tried to use a HDMI-cable.
  • JackE
    >>>buttons?>>>work fine until the OS is booted.>>>

Yes use the DP-cable for this test. What happens if the monitor is turned on only  ***after*** Windows is running? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• shoobre24680
    JackE said:
    >>>buttons?>>>work fine until the OS is booted.>>>

Yes use the DP-cable for this test. What happens if the monitor is turned on only  ***after*** Windows is running? Jack E/NJ

The buttons still don't work.
  • JackE
    Do you mean the on-off button works to turn it on but then not to turn it off again? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• shoobre24680
    JackE said:
    Do you mean the on-off button works to turn it on but then not to turn it off again? Jack E/NJ
    Yes, exactly. And another issue is that the speakers dont work either.
  • JackE
    edited October 2018
    Disconnect the monitor from the computer. Pull its AC power plug. Press & hold the power button for 60seconds. Then plug it back in, reconnect and power up again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• shoobre24680
    JackE said:
    Disconnect the monitor from the computer. Pull its AC power plug. Press & hold the power button for 60seconds. Then plug it back in, reconnect and power up again. Jack E/NJ
    Unfortunately, this didn't help.

• JackE
    How long ago did you buy this monitor? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• shoobre24680
    JackE said:
    How long ago did you buy this monitor? Jack E/NJ
    Early december 2017.
  • JackE
    (1) What Win7 machine are you using? (2) Do you have access to another machine running Win7 or above that you could test to see if the buttons are also disabled? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• shoobre24680
    JackE said:
    (1) What Win7 machine are you using? (2) Do you have access to another machine running Win7 or above that you could test to see if the buttons are also disabled? Jack E/NJ

(1) Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
    (2) I used a friends PC with Windows 10, the same problems occured there. Interestingly, he has the same monitor (XB271HU) without any issues. I should try his on my PC.
  • JackE
    OK. Try his monitor on your PC just to double-check. If his monitor works OK, then your monitor has an issue that'd be covered by warranty. The big problem will be the shipping costs to have it repaired. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ