Hi! I recently bought acer nitro 5 ryzen 5 2500u I noticed that it is stuck in 0.38 ghz.

Options
cramner
cramner Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi! I recently bought acer nitro 5 ryzen 5 2500u  I noticed that it is stuck in 0.38 ghz ,my base ghz is 2.00 why is this happening and how do I solve it?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>Im not yet familiar with reboot. >>>

Reboot means to completely shut off the laptop after setting the power plan to hi performance. Then turn it back on to enable this hi performance plan. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search power. Select choose power plan. Make sure it's set to max or hi performance. Might have to reboot to enable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• cramner
    cramner Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search power. Select choose power plan. Make sure it's set to max or hi performance. Might have to reboot to enable. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks for answering I already did the max or hi performance but nothing happens, Im not yet familiar with reboot. What could be the reason why is it stuck in 0.38 ghz? Is my laptop broken or acer is really like this?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>Im not yet familiar with reboot. >>>

Reboot means to completely shut off the laptop after setting the power plan to hi performance. Then turn it back on to enable this hi performance plan. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Herman_Sol
    Herman_Sol Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I have the same laptop. There recently was a bios upgrade on the acer support page for this laptop, the one listed there as most recent is 1.08, that seemed to fix this issue for me. You can also try updating the bios through windows device manager, apparently windows database has BIOS 1.09 which is odd that it hasn't come up yet on the acer page

To do that type device on the windows home search bar (press windows key) then open up the program 'device manager'  open up the list under 'firmware' right click on 'Acer Inc System Firmware' and select update driver, then select 'search automatically for updated driver' and let it do all its magic, I recommend having other programs closed while this happens, just to be safe.

While 1.08 seems to have fixed it I updated to 1.09 for other reasons, the problem seems fixed for the most part, it only happened once in a one week period, and when it did it happened when booting it up unplugged, once booted up I plugged the laptop and that fixed it.

Lastly as a fellow user do you happen to have audio problems? As in some times while listening to audio there are moments where the audio seems to pop, crackle or stutter for an instant? I am not sure if it is just my machine, the whole line, or a driver issue, or windows (have no problems with audio on ubuntu).

Hope this helped.