sata cable and bracket for Aspire A315-41 Part Number: NX.GY9ED.012

Answers

• This adaptation was made by another user! But all 2.5 "HDDs have the same dimensions!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • joenne
    joenne Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Nothing additional needed. If you have the blue foam in the top (why shouldn't you) it will fit just fine.
    Don't know why you should buy a bracket when the hard drive fits perfectly?
  • joenne

Tinkerer

No additional needed. If you have the blue foam on the top (why shouldn't you), it will fits just fine.
    Don't know why they suggest a bracket, when the hard drive fits just perfectly?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    I would also make that adaptation! I would not spend my money on anything that could be done for me.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • UrbiJr
    UrbiJr Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    totally agree with you guys
  • UrbiJr
    I write here to know if you're in my same situation, @joenne
    Basically after connecting the sata cable to the motherboard, the laptop keyboard does not work anymore: even pressing f2 to start bios doesn't work. Only USB keyboards are working. Maybe did it happen to you too?
  • @Urbijr Did you check if there are any drivers with problems in the device manager? Did you disable fast startup to test?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• UrbiJr
    edited November 2018
    @egydiocoelho
    Thanks for the reply
    Yes, I already tried both solutions. Even tried from gpedit.msc. Basically the keyboard is not disabled, appears in the device manager (after uninstalling it, the system reinstalls it after reboot), but it seems like dead. It just does not not work. Without an explanation: the laptop is new and it never got moved! 
    Then I tried to boot into the BIOS from Windows itself (since pressing f2 does nothing), and also inside the Bios the keyboard does not work. I already lost about 3 hours to find a solution, even checking for some cable disconnected in the back of the laptop (i attach a picture of it), but all seems at its place 😞 I really dont know what to do.. new laptop ..
  • Try disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard cable again!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• UrbiJr
    edited November 2018
    @egydiocoelho
    Which letter is the keyboard cable in that picture? Many thanks!
    EDIT: sorry, I didn't see the circle in letter D! Ok I'll try later on.
  • joenne

Tinkerer

Sorry, I did'nt have any problems, the keyboard are working just fine.
    Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you. Hope you make it work.
  • UrbiJr
    @egydiocoelho
    I tried unplugging the keyboard connector and replugging it but it didn't worked :-(
    It's really unbelievable...

@joenne
    Thanks anyway
  • @UrbiJr Although you consider that having connected a sata cable did not cause a keyboard problem, have you tried disconnecting the sata cable and verifying that the keyboard is working again? Have you already clicked load setup defaults on bios? Can you send a photo of the device manager? You must verify that the human interface device drivers are installed correctly!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• UrbiJr
    @egydiocoelho

Tried all of them. Tried reinstalling synaptics touchpad driver. Here is a pic of the device manager.
  • Check the UEFI of your notebook by pressing the f2 key as soon as you turn on the notebook if you have these two options:

If there is, change the touchpad to basic and the function key behavior to special key! Alternate the changes to these functions to see if the keyboard works again!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• UrbiJr
    @egydiocoelho

That didn't worked too... I also tried unplugging the battery, the BIOS battery, remove the ram, then press the power button to discharge the capacitors, replug the batteries and the ram and nothing changed.
    How is it possible that the keyboard is dead from a moment to another? It's new.. i can't think of shipping it to acer, leave it there for at least a month and maybe I will also have to pay something? (does opening the laptop void the warranty?) 
  • @UrbiJrOpening the notebook does not void the warranty, as long as you do not break any part! However it is important to ask if there were some warranty seals when opening the notebook!
    There are two options you can try:
    a) Disable quick boot and disconnect the notebook from power. Then press this button for five seconds:

Leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!
    However it is a risky procedure and I do not take any responsibility for any damage!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    Hi @UrbiJr
    Give this a try, there are 4 HID keyboard Devices under Keyboards, uninstall them, reboot and see what happens.
  • UrbiJr
    @egydiocoelho

First option didn't worked.
    Second one: I already installed that BIOS version (1.09) a few weeks ago. Also, I tried reinstalling the previous version but it doesn't allow me to since it's a previous version :-(

@brummyfan2
    Hey thanks for the suggestion. Btw, I already tried it too... nothing

So basically touchpad is ok, power button is ok, everything else is fine, keyboard is somehow dead (?)
  • UrbiJr
    It's really a pain for me. I have to work with this PC. I've never experienced something similar, neither my roommates. This is just strange.