Aspire X3-100 won't boot. Sometimes no display - sometimes display comes on, but says no boot device

AmberH
AmberH Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I have a Aspire X3-100 that I'm told got 'drywall dust' in it. The owner blew it out, but didn't open it up.
I did open it up, and it was fairly clean - very little dust at all.

The PC won't boot. It did try a couple times, trying to load windows, but failing - then nothing. I couldn't even get a display.
Waited a few days - tried again, I could get a display - could go into BIOS, but could never get it to boot to USB or CD (even though those choices are listed in BIOS at the top). When it tried to boot normally, always said 'no boot device'.

Then after a few tries - no display.

It's so inconsistent I'm not sure where to start with troubleshooting...

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Amber

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    1) Do you notice that the computer hours are outdated? If so, then it is likely that the rtc battery needs to be replaced! If it is weak, it ends up resetting the BIOS settings and prevents windows from booting!
    2) If this is not happening, create an easy access password in the set supervisor password and disable secure boot! Then put the csm launch for never and windows boot manager on the first as in the photo! To enter the BIOS, press f2 when turning on the notebook!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi @AmberH

Remove all the external peripherals, the power cable from the computer. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. This process will drain all the static energy from the computer. Reconnect the power cable back in the computer.
    Please load BIOS to defaults by following the below mentioned steps:
    Switch on the computer and tap F2 key to enter the BIOS.
    Once in BIOS, press F9 to load BIOS defaults.
    Press F10 to save and exit the BIOS.
    Restart the system and post the results.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!